A Faith Based QB for a Faith Based Coach

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The thread was doomed from the second that you hit post. I mean, what are the odds of finding a Christian football coach AND a Christian quarterback?!?

This is kind of like the Seinfeld magic loogie episode. A qb, in his mid 30's, under contract, with 8 kids is going to pack up his family and move them across the country to play for a 7-9 team because their coach is a Christian? AT LEAST 90% of football coaches (and QBs) are Christian. Yet we are supposed to assume that God will guide them to Buffalo with a greater purpose? There are an awful lot of assumptions being made to fit a narrative.

I understand but in fairness it I said it was unlikely. I don't mind if people want to blast me or the post. It is a message board. I just wish there was more of a well thought out attempt to belittle my post, instead of, why not trade two thirds for Rodgers nonsense.

I understand but in fairness it I said it was unlikely. I don't mind if people want to blast me or the post. It is a message board. I just wish there was more of a well thought out attempt to belittle my post, instead of, why not trade two thirds for Rodgers nonsense.

Is trading two 3rds for Rodgers that much more ridiculous than Phillip Rivers leaving SD to come to Buffalo because the coach is Christian? Pretty much every coach and QB is a Christian. It is the rationale that has the thread off the rails.

We have seen all sorts of names for QBs and reasons why on here. Some make a lot more sense logically (even if the player isn't good). As an example: the Bills bring in Nick Foles as the bridge QB if they hire Brad Childress because he knows his system. There is a logical path connecting those dots even if it is a bad idea. I am not sure how to connect Rivers and McDermott through religion when pretty much every QB and coach share their beliefs?