Davis Webb - QB Cal - Thoughts?

Bocephuz

I've been catching up on watching QB prospects at draftbreakdown.com .. and the guy that keeps popping off the screen for me is Davis Webb from Cal.

He has good size, drives the ball, decent footwork (for a shotgun guy) and is aggressive. He's more of a classic pocket passer.. but he has some mobility. Not sure why the draftniks aren't talking about him more.

Anyway.. would love to hear other's thoughts? Please poke holes .. because I am having a hard time finding many flaws here.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/davis-webb/

I've been catching up on watching QB prospects at draftbreakdown.com .. and the guy that keeps popping off the screen for me is Davis Webb from Cal.

He has good size, drives the ball, decent footwork (for a shotgun guy) and is aggressive. He's more of a classic pocket passer.. but he has some mobility. Not sure why the draftniks aren't talking about him more.

Anyway.. would love to hear other's thoughts? Please poke holes .. because I am having a hard time finding many flaws here.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/davis-webb/

I thought the same when I watched him.

You want thoughts? Well..

Nothing says "who gives a ****" like shameless merchandising so f*ck it. Get your shirts now, as death comes quickly and time lurches relentlessly forward in a death march, culminating in brutal suffering, the end of all things & eternal blackness

Nothing says "who gives a ****" like shameless merchandising so f*ck it. Get your shirts now, as death comes quickly and time lurches relentlessly forward in a death march, culminating in brutal suffering, the end of all things & eternal blackness

Sure, things haven't been great lately in Bills Land but this is mighty harsh.

a modern day Milton without the religiosity...well done I am much more optimistic for it

Davis went to school with my daughter and played QB when he was 9th grader (Keller HS). His dad was one of coaches, his dad got canned along with HC, so, they transferred to another district (Prosper), so dad could again coach his son.

My recollection from those days was he was a skinny, awkward kid who could throw the ball. I followed him pretty closely when he was at Tech, but lost track of him last year except hearing/seeing his name due to his stats. He's a good kid (most are) and loves the game (most do), but, I always got the sense that he was never really calm, cool and collected with/in the position.

To me, pocket presence and the instinct to play the position are most important attributes that translate to NFL. Watch Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson etc. etc. they all have that feel for the pressure, the calm to make quick decisions, a presence to command the huddle and a calm to perform when game is on the line.