A simple question for the media who frequent this board

GRHater69

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the negatives were being directed at you. You're an AP guy.

Also, what do you have against Ty Dunne?

I could be wrong, but I think Wawrow was speaking up for local media. I believe he is very good friends with Tim Graham and likely several of the other guys. Which is fine, we all stick up for our friends if we're worth a darn.

You realize that even if a reporter's article is nothing but a transcript of what Suzy Sunshine employed by the team said that the report is both factual (she said it) and the personal opinion (she said it) of the situation as she's filtered it, right?

As I understand it, that's one of the differences between AP and some of the national media outlets, and local outlets or national pundits when they're on twitter.

If AP reports what Pegula said in his 1:1 conversation with Rex, they need either Pegula or Rex as their source. They can use Suzy Sunshine as a source, but only as far as Suzy Sunshine's direct knowledge: let's say she's an HR person, Pegula came out and spoke to her boss and her boss told her to draw up termination forms for Rex Ryan because he had been fired. Suzy can be quoted by AP as saying "according to a source at TBD, Rex Ryan has been fired".

They can't quote Suzy Sunshine as "one of many sources with knowledge of the conversation between Ryan and Pegula" based on what someone heard at the water cooler that Lynn said Rex said.

But other media like MMQB can and do, and it's not good. In my personal opinion, of course.

Please explain me to me why you spend so much time on all this silly gossip about who said what and that the organization is dysfunctional etc. when the team has identified two potential coaching candidates and plans to interview them, one today and one this weekend and yet you have given us as Bills fans ZERO info on either of these two coaches. Isn't that part of your job as well??? What talents do these guys potentially bring to the table? Why should we as fans be excited or not about them possibly leading the team? In other words, Why aren't you doing your job and informing us instead of all this click-bait BS over and over again?

That would be too much like REAL reporting.