What would you do in this scenario - NFL week 17?

bobobonators

Giants play the Redskins. Giants are locked into their playoff seed. If the Skins win, they're in; they lose, they're out. Should the Giants go 100% in and eliminate their division rivals? Or go 50% (bench many starters) and get ready for the playoffs?

As a Bills fan, would you want to eliminate the Pats/Fins/Jets from the playoffs Week 17? Or don't bother risking any major injuries?

For me, I'd say go all-in and eliminate them. They're a division rival. You're supposed to hate e/o. Eliminating your division rival from the playoffs Week 17 is part of what makes the season great; it's part of what you play for IMO.

So what would you do?

Edited by bobobonators

Giants play the Redskins. Giants are locked into their playoff seed. If the Skins win, they're in; they lose, they're out. Should the Giants go 100% in and eliminate their division rivals? Or go 50% (bench many starters) and get ready for the playoffs?

As a Bills fan, would you want to eliminate the Pats/Fins/Jets from the playoffs Week 17? Or don't bother risking any major injuries?

For me, I'd say go all-in and eliminate them. They're a division rival. You're supposed to hate e/o. Eliminating your division rival from the playoffs Week 17 is part of what makes the season great; it's part of what you play for IMO.

So what would you do?

I would only worry about what is best for my team. I would be resting guys. The last thing that I need to do is to get OBJ hurt in a game that's outcome doesn't impact me.

I would only worry about what is best for my team. I would be resting guys. The last thing that I need to do is to get OBJ hurt in a game that's outcome doesn't impact me.

Valid.

You can also argue that what's best for your team is going full throttle the entire way, all season

Youbdef rest your starters as you face either GB or Detroit on the road the following week. You know whoever wins that game will have zero rest and probably rather beaten up. (I think if your a Giants fan your cheering for the Lions as I think the Pack would destroy the Giants)

So what would you do?

Depends on what's best for my team. Do they need to stay at a high level? Will there be a bye week? Do some players need extra rest? I would probably treat like a preseason game. Let my starters play, if healthy, for a quarter or two and then let the bench mop up.

So what would you do?

Shut it down. It's a business and you make the right business decision. Screwing a division rival with no real gain for your team is beyond stupid.

These are all valid and completely sound posts. I guess its just me then.

Week 17 Bills vs Pats we have a chance to eliminate them I take that chance. Makes the season that much more enjoyable for me.

We should just do away with divisions. Rivalries nowadays arent what they used to be. Two conferences. Top 6 teams make it.

These are all valid and completely sound posts. I guess its just me then.

Week 17 Bills vs Pats we have a chance to eliminate them I take that chance. Makes the season that much more enjoyable for me.

We should just do away with divisions. Rivalries nowadays arent what they used to be. Two conferences. Top 6 teams make it.

Well that's not true, just look at the AFC West and NFC East for proof of that. I mean outside of the AFC East there is a lot of rivalries left, reason there are no rivalries in the East is well the true Bullies in the East been taking the other 3 teams out for 15 years! When one team wins the division 14 out of 16 years hard build or sustain any rivalries.

(And that's not bashing the teams in the east just how i see it)

Valid.

You can also argue that what's best for your team is going full throttle the entire way, all season

It's just a risk, reward thing for me. The risk of something bad is much more important than the benefit of playing a perfect game and blowing them out. There isn't anything to gain. In my opinion you need to do everything possible to make sure that you are as healthy as can be for the playoffs.