Bucky: Rex takes fall, but Bills' problems start at the top

Rico

So you want to keep a coach that had a good defense, had the GM spend all the assets in the good defense and made it worse every year?

yeah, but if you just give him a few more years he may be able to get them back into the top 10. I said it in another post, there is no timeframe set in stone for coaches, you have to look at the situation and circumstances, and Rex deserves to be canned less then 2 years in, he never should have been fired. And if you want proof of this, let's see if Rex gets another HC chance after this, I think the league sees him as washed up has been. If the team looked like they were getting better, or more disciplined, or just lacking talent (there's lots of talent on this roster, it's just not being used to its potential) there's a reason to argue he deserves more time. Instead they appear to only be getting worse and not getting better. Rex has a history that we have all watched and followed first hand as a HC and his coaching continues to get worse then when he was fired by the jets.

Maybe Rex did take the fall...

But he pushed himself over the edge...

Rex's failures stand on their own...Not to say there are not other problems at OBD because there most definitely are...But today was about the 1st step...Getting rid of a guy who claims to be a defensive genius yet could not figure out a way to get his Defense in the top 15, let alone the top 10, in almost two full seasons... B-)

.....when he was handed one in the top 5......

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, but if you just give him a few more years he may be able to get them back into the top 10. I said it in another post, there is no timeframe set in stone for coaches, you have to look at the situation and circumstances, and Rex deserves to be canned less then 2 years in, he never should have been fired. And if you want proof of this, let's see if Rex gets another HC chance after this, I think the league sees him as washed up has been. If the team looked like they were getting better, or more disciplined, or just lacking talent (there's lots of talent on this roster, it's just not being used to its potential) there's a reason to argue he deserves more time. Instead they appear to only be getting worse and not getting better. Rex has a history that we have all watched and followed first hand as a HC and his coaching continues to get worse then when he was fired by the jets.

.....when he was handed one in the top 5......

Exactly so he was fired. Big deal people

I find it hilarious that people hate Bucky so much that they can't see the truth in what he wrote today. Bucky is definitely overly negative and has been for years with the Bills and Sabres. He also ISNT wrong. In my opinion he is dead on with this article almost 100%. Anyone that follows the Sabres should see that history is repeating itself with the Bills. The Pegulas haven't learned. Here's hoping they will before it's too late.

I agree 100% with this. Sully & Bucky obviously are not 2 very likeable people but honestly what have they wrote in particular Sully that is not dead nuts on when it comes to the Bills. The truth hurts, but these guys are just doing their jobs. I really don't understand all the hatred for them on this board. What are they supposed to write about, how great it is that the 2 professional sports teams in Buffalo are going on a combined playoff drought of 23 years now? I mean honestly, what do you people expect them to write about with covering 2 loser franchises?