Bring Back Marrone

MAJBobby

I do know this for a fact and I don't give a schit what kind of people skills Belichick has. If he's treating secretaries, maintenance crew, and other employees like crap, then I'd say the same thing about him. Where did you get the idea that a coach has to be an !@#$ to be successful? You can be stern with your players and still treat people with respect outside of that. I would think that's obvious.

Never said a coach had to be all unicorns and rainbows. You were implying that a HC needs good people skills. I was just pointing out that is not the case with an example.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, you aren't kidding.

According to the books, he's been a member here since Sep 16th of this year. That's 103 days he's been here, with a total (so far) of almost 3400 posts. That's an average of about 33 posts a day. Every day. Of posts like this.

And yet, it seems like an underestimate.

Omg. That is herculean!

Seriously, you aren't kidding.

According to the books, he's been a member here since Sep 16th of this year. That's 103 days he's been here, with a total (so far) of almost 3400 posts. That's an average of about 33 posts a day. Every day. Of posts like this.

And yet, it seems like an underestimate.

That was funny!

Schwartz got them there. Marrone gets credit for hiring him.

Marone was very much involved in ALL of the game plans, even defense. Mario played well under Marone in terms of effort, and was actively coached up by him on the side lines of a more than a few games. The ship has sailed of course, and 2 years later, given the waste of time and money spent on new schemes and coaches, I fail to see how Pegula didn't commit to him for a new deal. 2 more years of that 9-7 team with the new talent, focused on the 4-3 of course, Shady McCoy, and Tyrod, this would likely have been a playoff year with a string of winning divisional records. Peppers was the biggest loss in my opinion.

Marone was very much involved in ALL of the game plans, even defense. Mario played well under Marone in terms of effort, and was actively coached up by him on the side lines of a more than a few games. The ship has sailed of course, and 2 years later, given the waste of time and money spent on new schemes and coaches, I fail to see how Pegula didn't commit to him for a new deal. 2 more years of that 9-7 team with the new talent, focused on the 4-3 of course, Shady McCoy, and Tyrod, this would likely have been a playoff year with a string of winning divisional records. Peppers was the biggest loss in my opinion.

It was Schwartz's scheme, just as Pettine ran his scheme. The biggest difference from Marrone's first and second years was the ppg on D, dropping 6 ppg to 18. The O, despite going to Orton, had the same average ppg in both Marrone's seasons. Did Mario not try or play well under Pettine?

Never said a coach had to be all unicorns and rainbows. You were implying that a HC needs good people skills. I was just pointing out that is not the case with an example.

What example? You made the assumption that Belichick doesn't have people skills. Is that based on his press conferences? He exhibited more people skills in his one hour episode of 'A Football Life' than Marrone did in his entire time here.

And yes, a coach has to have good people skills. Any job that demands interaction with many diverse people and in many different venues dictates that. I'd place a high value on people skills if I was hiring one. And he better damn well treat the lowest person in the pecking order with the same decency he treats those at the top in my organization. Marrone seemed incapable of that.