This game just showed that Tyrod is not the #1 problem

BillsFan130

Pick a name any name. Elite run game and 31st rated pass game.

Any qb will do. Only one has done worse

Let me break something simple down for you and everyone who keeps pointing to the Bills passing yards.

The Bills are 1st in rushing yards and 1st in rushing attempts. The Bills are 31st in passing yards and 31st in passing attempts.

Notice anything? Or was that too complex? If you're still confused, please take a minute and google "opportunity cost".

Not to mention - the Bills are 7th in points per game this year after finishing 12th last year. Just to be clear, what is the expectation here? Is it top 5 scoring offense per year or the QB has to go?

The Bills are a good offense by running the football and asking Tyrod to play mistake free. He does what is asked and does it well. Last I checked the Bills were on pace for the lowest number of turnovers in history. Discount it all you want, but that's an important stat.

So I ask again...what do you want? Is scoring not enough and you just want to see the pretty ball fly through the air?

The defense is the biggest reason why the Bills won't be in the playoffs this year.

Edited by DaBills51

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me break something simple down for you and everyone who keeps pointing to the Bills passing yards.

The Bills are 1st in rushing yards and 1st in rushing attempts. The Bills are 31st in passing yards and 31st in passing attempts.

Notice anything? Or was that too complex? If you're still confused, please take a minute and google "opportunity cost".

Not to mention - the Bills are 7th in points per game this year after finishing 12th last year. Just to be clear, what is the expectation here? Is it top 5 scoring offense per year or the QB has to go?

The Bills are a good offense by running the football and asking Tyrod to play mistake free. He does what is asked and does it well. Last I checked the Bills were on pace for the lowest number of turnovers in history. Discount it all you want, but that's an important stat.

So I ask again...what do you want? Is scoring not enough and you just want to see the pretty ball fly through the air?

The defense is the biggest reason why the Bills won't be in the playoffs this year.

Doesnt Dallas being No 2 in rushing and 19 in passing

Oakland 5 in rushing and no 4 in passing

Hurt your argument.

Issue though Dallas and Oak have more plays but then again if we didnt lead the league in 3 and outs we would too.

Jist because you have a top rushing team doesnt mean you have to have a crap passing

Two team i posted show that when you have a better QB you pick up 3rd downs meaning more plays meaning better pass offense

Doesnt Dallas being No 2 in rushing and 19 in passing

Oakland 5 in rushing and no 4 in passing

Hurt your argument.

Issue though Dallas and Oak have more plays but then again if we didnt lead the league in 3 and outs we would too.

Jist because you have a top rushing team doesnt mean you have to have a crap passing

Two team i posted show that when you have a better QB you pick up 3rd downs meaning more plays meaning better pass offense

No it doesn't hurt his argument. Oakland has exactly 9 more first downs than Buffalo and Dallas has 6 more than Buffalo. ( That's a crazy .6 & .4 more per game. LOOK OUT) Buffalo even has a better 3rd and 4th down percentage than Oakland. Third down percentage Dallas 42.0, Buffalo 41.2 and Oakland 39.1. The only thing that's crap is this argument. :lol::lol:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

No it doesn't hurt his argument. Oakland has exactly 9 more first downs than Buffalo and Dallas has 6 more than Buffalo. ( That's a crazy .6 & .4 more per game. LOOK OUT) Buffalo even has a better 3rd and 4th down percentage than Oakland. Third down percentage Dallas 42.0, Buffalo 41.2 and Oakland 39.1. The only thing that's crap is this argument. :lol::lol:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs

Ok cool so even better see Both playoff teams Both have a lot of rushing attemps and high in rushing years.

Both put better passing offenses on the field.

Thats my point people want to deflect the bad passing becAuse of the running like one has to suffer for the other to be good.

So again this team is better if they have a better passing attack and the run game doesnt need to suffer to get it.

Ok cool so even better see Both playoff teams Both have a lot of rushing attemps and high in rushing years.

Thats my point people want to deflect the bad passing becAuse of the running like one has to suffer for the other to be good.

So again this team is better if they have a better passing attack and the run game doesnt need to suffer to get it.

serious mental breakdown.

Man this is too easy. First of all just pass over that you were totally wrong and giving bad info, that's ok everyone knows. Second of all.....wait for it......Oakland averages 7.0 yards per pass - Buffalo averages 6.9 yards per attempt. The only reason Oakland has more yards is they've passed 120 times more than Buffalo. If attempts were even Oakland would have 56 more passing yards for the year or not even 4 more yards a game. Third the Bills lead the league in rushing and yards per rush(yards per rush by .7 yards a carry compared to the next closest team), how is it suffering? Answer it's not, man you're running out of excuses. :lol::lol:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

Lovely Group cant talk to post so attack poster.

At least there are some good people to discuss with

I think maybe if you read everything you write out loud you might be surprised at the way you attempt to have conversations.

It's just you in every thread constantly posting the same take over and over and over aggressively.

Edited by Billschinatown

I think maybe if you read everything you write out loud you might be surprised at the way you attempt to have conversations.

It's just you in every thread constantly posting the same take over and over and over aggressively.

Sorry for offending with an agressive tone i guess

Man this is too easy. First of all just pass over that you were totally wrong and giving bad info, that's ok everyone knows. Second of all.....wait for it......Oakland averages 7.0 yards per pass - Buffalo averages 6.9 yards per attempt. The only reason Oakland has more yards is they've passed 120 times more than Buffalo. If attempts were even Oakland would have 56 more passing yards for the year or not even 4 more yards a game. Third the Bills lead the league in rushing and yards per rush(yards per rush by .7 yards a carry compared to the next closest team), how is it suffering? Answer it's not, man you're running out of excuses. :lol::lol:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

Again how does Oakland pass more if they have so many rushing yards.

People have told me in threads the reason Bills dont pass more is because they lead the league in rushing and thats why they are 31st in passing.

Well Dallas is 2 in rushing not in 30s in passing

Oakland is 5 or 6 (not looking again) in rushing but not in the 30s in passing.

People have told me in threads the reason Bills dont pass more is because they lead the league in rushing and thats why they are 31st in passing.

I don't know, as i don't watch much football outside of Bills games, but it sure wasn't the reasons you were giving, not even close. If teams were averaging 5.5 yards an attempt, like Buffalo, I would wager all the money I have that they would be passing considerably less than they do right now. Again that's .7 yards an attempt better than the next closest, by the time you get down to Oakland, at the five slot, it's a full yard more.

You know what also interesting is the scoring argument

So a Rookie or any other QB cant keep scoring? Only TT can keep the scoring up.

Yet with this same offense a very bad QB scored 52 points 26ppg last year.

So seems like a system ANY QB can score in. But then again scoring is a team stat.

Edited by MAJBobby

No one is denying that Oakland and Dallas have great offenses this year. They are both better than the Bills. Both teams are considered to have two of the best offensive lines in football (yes - even better than the Bills). Both teams have much better WRs than what Taylor has had all year as well. And yes, I think anyone in the "Church of Tyrod" will admit that both QBs have been better than Taylor.

What you don't seem to get is that the Bills are still #7 in scoring offense. Dallas is 6th and Oakland is 3rd. So I ask again, is that the comparison you want to use? I think I may get your handle now. You have to be Ricky Bobby from Talledega Nights. "If you're not first, you're last."

It's also clear you don't understand the gap between 1st and 5th in rushing (where Oakland is), and just how far ahead the Bills are compared to other teams. The Bills have 697 more yards rushing than Oakland. The Raiders have 1,009 more yard passing. The net difference is 312 yards for the season, or 20.8 whopping yard per game.

You have even a weaker case for Dallas, so I'm not going to even bother to break that down.

Edited by DaBills51

No one is denying that Oakland and Dallas have great offenses this year. They are both better than the Bills. Both teams are considered to have two of the best offensive lines in football (yes - even better than the Bills). Both teams have much better WRs than what Taylor has had all year as well. And yes, I think anyone in the "Church of Tyrod" will admit that both QBs have been better than Taylor.

What you don't seem to get is that the Bills are still #7 in scoring offense. Dallas is 6th and Oakland is 3rd. So I ask again, is that the comparison you want to use? I think I may get your handle now. You have to be Ricky Bobby from Talledega Nights. "If you're not first, you're last."

It's also clear you don't understand the gap between 1st and 5th in rushing (where Oakland is), and just how far ahead the Bills are compared to other teams. The Bills have 697 more yards rushing than Oakland. The Raiders have 1,009 more yard passing. The net difference is 312 yards for the season, or 20.8 whopping yard per game.

You have even a weaker case for Dallas, so I'm not going to even bother to break that down.

Ok lets talk scoring cause really thats all that matters.

I woukd argue the scoring is more with the complete offense and shady and anything else.

I mean last year a very bad QB scored 26 ppg in this offense for two games.

So my argument is instead of tieing the Bills to a QB until 2019 by picking up the option

Why cant the Rookie (Watson or Mahomes) score in this offense? Why do people think scoring falls off when it has been good for Two year even with EJ playing QB? And you save 10M in cap space and retain your flexibility at QB and have a QB with growth room not one very close to or at his ceiling?

Or if not by yards than by scoring Oakland averages 1.4 more points a game and Dallas averages .2 points more a game. More yards don't translate into a much higher average, it's pretty minimal really. There is no good case he's made to change the QB next year, he thinks he has but he hasn't.

You know what also interesting is the scoring argument

So a Rookie or any other QB cant keep scoring? Only TT can keep the scoring up.

Yet with this same offense a very bad QB scored 52 points 26ppg last year.

So seems like a system ANY QB can score in. But then again scoring is a team stat.

Nice try, but this is a joke. Both games the Bills were getting blown out! The Bills were down 31-14 heading into the 4th against the Bengals in Manuel's first game, and then down 27-13 against the Jaguars heading into the 4th.

Manuel averaged 2 turnovers over those two games as well. Something Taylor hasn't done, and that you continue to neglect, as per every other argument.

At what point do you just admit that you don't have any reasonable justification, and that you just don't like Taylor.

Nice try, but this is a joke. Both games the Bills were getting blown out! The Bills were down 31-14 heading into the 4th against the Bengals in Manuel's first game, and then down 27-13 against the Jaguars heading into the 4th.

Manuel averaged 2 turnovers over those two games as well. Something Taylor hasn't done, and that you continue to neglect, as per every other argument.

At what point do you just admit that you don't have any reasonable justification, and that you just don't like Taylor.

Wait we are talking scoring. EJ led that offense to 26ppg.

Ooo got it that hurts the rock solid scoring argument people think they have

Even with 2 TOs a game the bills offense scored 26 ppg with EJ

Edited by MAJBobby

Didn't address turnovers again I see, or that EJ directly led to them getting blow out early. Keep doing you, man.

You flopped from yards to scoring because you realized that you were wrong. And now you just ignore other direct questions because you can't answer them.

Didn't address turnovers again I see, or that EJ directly led to them getting blow out early. Keep doing you, man.

You flopped from yards to scoring because you realized that you were wrong. And now you just ignore other direct questions because you can't answer them.

Two turnovers a game and still 26ppg.

So guess thag is evidence a Rookie cant keep this offense scoring.

There addressed it

You brought up scoring so asked my question about scoring

Edited by MAJBobby

It's funny, Sammy has been back for three games. in said games Tyrod's yards per attempt has shot up to 9.12, 7.25 & 8.44 in those games. His QB rating has been over 100 in every game and he has 6 TDs with 1 INT. Oh and he's averaged 243.6 yards per game or 41.6 yards more than his average this year. Man it sure helps to have your starting WRs.

Ooo got it that hurts the rock solid scoring argument people think they have

Even with 2 TOs a game the bills offense scored 26 ppg with EJ

Hahahah.....clearly you don't understand the impact that turnovers have. Get a grip, man. You're grasping at straws now.

Let me explain so you get it - Turnovers bad. Turnovers give points for bad guys. No turnovers good. EJ do turnovers. Taylor no do turnovers.