Rex's "This is Fine" press conference today - a doozy

YoloinOhio

Bad press! BAD PRESS!!

Wow....you guys haven't been out much if you think that's really anything close to harsh or even inappropriate press behavior.

Anyway, the Buffalo press is nothing to Rex. He took far worse lumps by real pros down in the city for years.

Let me help you:

NY-POST-TEBOW-BACK.jpg

nyprexfeet.jpg

rex_2.jpg

tumblr_mdj75chyut1rfimo0o1_r1_1280.jpg

Edited by Mr. WEO

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, that news conference wasn't the media's finest moment.

We have off days, too.

For what it's worth, also, those painting their criticisms of the media with a wide-sweeping brush are wrong.

jw

This is all true - but I think a certain few in the local sports press seem to have a lot more off days than their peers, and this was just the latest example. Your reporting is always top notch JW.

The media is out of control...there is no point to what they are doing. Nobody cares, these are not questions people want "journalists" to ask--at least not more than once. They're just glorified paparazzi at this point.

Edited by dayman

I dont know why I bother.

I'm not sure why you bother either. Your point on the NE, AZ and Cincinnati games was that there were upsets at the time and somehow hindsight doesn't matter. In fact, hindsight is exactly how the performance of the Bills and Ryan should be judged. Arizona this year is not the Arizona of last year, they are not very good this year. When the Bills played them in September people were still thinking of them as last year's Cardinals, but the Bills didn't play last year's AZ team, so it was not some stellar upset win. To a lesser extent that same logic applies to the Bengals game. As for NE, only a bad Bills team would have lost that game. Belichek may be a genius, but NE's record would be far north of .500 if its 3rd string QB with a thumb injury started all year. I don't disagree with your main premise that a fair number of people were expecting 8-8 or 9-7, but that was at the beginning of the year when the schedule appeared to be more daunting that it turned out to be. Those three "upset" wins you noted were anticipated to be defeats at the beginning of the year, and if you told people at the start of the year the Bills would win those games, a great many people would have said the playoffs were a lock, and they wouldn't have predicted 8-8 or 9-7. Consequently, in judging whether the team has performed to expectations, you can't go by what people were thinking in August, but rather how the team has actually performed. In my book it has been subpar and below expectations given that the Bills' opponents have performed below expectations.