Passing Game Coordinator?

Would you rather be like the Bears or Browns or Bengals or Jags or....you know--teams with a lot more YPG, but low scoring offenses? That's a strange complaint.

The Bills have just moved UP to 8th in PPG. Cheer up. In football, that's a good thing.

you are freaking me out.

defending the team.

signed

Concerned

I just see no attempt at quick timing routes. By Tyrod. By anyone. No Screens. No bunch formations. It's all so bleah.

Watching Brady hit his first read for 5 yards, and then seeing them get a couple yards after frustrates me.

I did like how they used Sammy on quick outs early in the second half. It established the threat of Sammy.

We are 8th in the NFL in points per game...what's the problem?

Do you see 8th in the NFL quality WRs on this team? Especially when Sammy was out all those games?

We do score...a lot...more than most teams.

Good points. And I'm thrilled with the point production. That's why I like ALynn - the man generates points with a banged up cast of characters.

BUT: While we're 8th in scoring we're 19th in yards per game. To oversimplify, we either score or we go 3-and-out.

A more potent passing attack would (1) produce even more points, and (2) help keep drives alive - and keep our defense off the field.

Rex's D is 10th in yards allowed but only 19th in points allowed, largely because of field position.

The BIlls offense has a really good running game and a really bad passing game. Going into the Jax game, I think we were ranked #1 and #32 respectively.

Clearly TT needs to shoulder some of the blame. And I'm not opposed to shopping for an upgrade. But is it all on Tyrod?

We're still running Roman's playbook and Roman had a certain genius for drawing up running plays and developing a strong rushing attack. He wasn't as adept developing an aerial attack.

Anthony Lynn is a former high school/college/professional RB who then became a RB coach.

How likely is Lynn, given his background, to create a potent passing attack to complement our already potent running game? If we go into 2017 with TT under center again, is Lynn really going to figure out how to get the most out of him?

Maybe Rex should hire a passing game coordinator to work with Lynn next year when Lynn creates his own offensive playbook.

Don't they have a QB coach?

Five sacks on a mobile QB. That kind of tells you he didn't have the time Sunday. He doesn't even have two years under his belt. Still growing.

He has 6 years in the league.

That's 6 preseasons, 6 mini camps, 6 OTA, 6 Camps, 6 preseasons

How much more time does he need to grow to actually Not have all the same weaknesses he has had since college.

"Pssssttttt, hey Tyrod, get taller and throw sooner and more accurately"

It looks like his rhythm a lot. When he hesitates it throws off his rhythm and balance creating the inaccuracy. When he fires it at the end or top of his drop hes usually on point. Just needs to be more decisive but hes coming along well. Im young im not as impatient as some of us on here, I believe in Tyrod hes just gotta get better and since we have no certified franchise QB beating down the door at OBD we might as well give him the time to progress until we find a better QB. Mark my words though, when Tyrod leaves Buffalo he will become a starter on another team, theres not enough good/decent QBs out there, with his skill set that protect the ball as well.

It looks like his rhythm a lot. When he hesitates it throws off his rhythm and balance creating the inaccuracy. When he fires it at the end or top of his drop hes usually on point. Just needs to be more decisive but hes coming along well. Im young im not as impatient as some of us on here, I believe in Tyrod hes just gotta get better and since we have no certified franchise QB beating down the door at OBD we might as well give him the time to progress until we find a better QB. Mark my words though, when Tyrod leaves Buffalo he will become a starter on another team, theres not enough good/decent QBs out there, with his skill set that protect the ball as well.

I don't think he's going anywhere, baring a total collapse at the end if this season. I like the guy and how he sticks around until the second coming of Jim Kelly, but that 1st half was difficult to watch on Sunday. The fact that he is as mobile as he is and STILL takes as many coverage sacks as he does has to change. Not sure if it is his rhythm or inability to see over the line, but he has a long way to go in terms of delivering the ball where it need to be.

I don't think he's going anywhere, baring a total collapse at the end if this season. I like the guy and how he sticks around until the second coming of Jim Kelly, but that 1st half was difficult to watch on Sunday. The fact that he is as mobile as he is and STILL takes as many coverage sacks as he does has to change. Not sure if it is his rhythm or inability to see over the line, but he has a long way to go in terms of delivering the ball where it need to be.

Could be pre-snap, doesnt call a lot out on the line, the height thing would be affected if the throwing lanes the O Line is giving him get clogged up by the defense making his vision worse.