Bills passing game - over 20 and over 40

San-O

Buffalo is ranked # 28 in passes over 40 yards / game and tied for # 30 in passes over 20 yards / game:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_40PLUS_YARDS_EACH&tabSeq=2&season=2016&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=false

# 28 in total passing yards / game.

Buffalo is going nowhere until they obtain a QB who can find receivers downfield and get them the ball.

Buffalo is ranked # 28 in passes over 40 yards / game and tied for # 30 in passes over 20 yards / game:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_40PLUS_YARDS_EACH&tabSeq=2&season=2016&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=false

Buffalo is going nowhere until they obtain a QB who can find receivers downfield and get them the ball.

What did those stats look like last season?

Doesn't matter Tyrod is unconventional and adds other value. Doesn't matter WRs are hurt

Doesn't matter drops

There are a couple of comebacks you will get hit with

FWIW, I don't get this. That was what Tyrod and the Bills did well. They can run the ball and throw it down the field. I have no idea why that stopped. They don't even try. I know that guys were out but why bother having Goodwin if you aren't throwing to him over the top?

I've been screaming for a few chances down the field but what do I know (insert Kermit the Frog sipping tea).

Have a feeling we will improve those with Watkins back smoking people routinely...

Thats exactly what my comment was about. Last season we were close to the top on those stats. Without Watkins and WRs dropping like flies Tyrod hasnt been able to sling those. Now we will see them.

FWIW, I don't get this. That was what Tyrod and the Bills did well. They can run the ball and throw it down the field. I have no idea why that stopped. They don't even try. I know that guys were out but why bother having Goodwin if you aren't throwing to him over the top?

I've been screaming for a few chances down the field but what do I know (insert Kermit the Frog sipping tea).

The way our offense has played since Lynn took over, seems like they just want Tyrod to move the chains and burn clock. Once in a while you need those KO downfield throws to keep the defense honest and put some points up nahmean! I expect to see a lot more next week with a 100% Watkins a 70% Woods and a Radiers defensive 2ndary that is nowhere as good as the Jags.