Bills prepared to let Jennings, PWilliams walk

nodnarb

TD does not 'lowball' players. He offers what he feels is fair market value. Big difference, bro.

Second, how is it you are so aware of TD and his negotiations that you can even be making this argument to begin with? We already know that TD has approached McGee recently for an extension to get him locked up. We know he approached Winfield. I don't see where you get off assuming that you know TDs job better than he does? There are 365 days in a year.......TDs dealings in these 365 days are publicized on a very limited basis. To say that he's not trying to get certain players locked up, there is just no basis for that.

252753[/snapback]

Well said.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

that's the point that people on this board seem to miss........they just want to make it all the players fault, or make excuses that it is too risky.........good GM's get young talent signed to reasonable deals early -- period.........if you wait to long on a player, of course they'll walk........if you lowball them, of course they'll walk.......but if you treat them fairly and offer them a respectable deal, 9 out of 10 will jump at it........

252677[/snapback]

Who are these "good GM's"?

Some examples please!

the eagles (joe banner) do it all the time.

252764[/snapback]

Is he the GM that signed Nate Wayne to a $13 million free agent contract two years ago and who just released him this week?

My only point, is that all GM's have successes and failures. It is so easy to be a Monday Morning GM.

Well that means we have money for a guard and a TE, plus maybe a starting Corner who is always out of position (Mcgee).

252255[/snapback]

If we're serious about pursuing a vetern CB... you know Ty Law has been chomping at the bit for the past year-year and a half to become a Bill.

yea, lowball offers........i wonder why they didn't take them?

answer me this -- do jennings and williams want more, less, or the same now compared to what they wanted in the summer?

252629[/snapback]

Maybe Samuals from the Skins will be available. Looks like he wants"more" than he did even a month ago. LOL

Agent Jimmy Sexton in January sent the Redskins a contract proposal that was rejected by Washington officials. A month later, the Redskins would love to strike a deal based on those January figures. Problem is, with the big-money contracts already signed during this offseason by Walter Jones of Seattle and Indianapolis' Ryan Diem, the financial landscape for offensive tackles has been significantly altered.