Bills Defense vs. franchise/starting QB

Mr. WEO

No, you have it wrong. With just over 5 min left in the 3rd Q and up 11, the D gave up 21 points--but "they did enough"...

Yeah if his D can't lead the way then Rex' teams are in trouble. Its his own approach to OC hires, player personnel and game management that make it so. The design from the ground up is for the offense to 'do enough' to make a game of it and for the defense, the expected stronger unit, to win or lose. See his usage of 1st round picks with the Jets, now the top pick in two drafts has gone to D in Buffalo.

What really grinds my geeuhs is the continued wasting of the end-of-half possession. I thought that would leave with Roman but I see it goes one step higher up the chain. All part of the plan.

You're right. rephrase: Tannehill, his JAG RB and his crappy offense.

We'll see how much of a JAG Ajayi is going forward.

No, you have it wrong. With just over 5 min left in the 3rd Q and up 11, the D gave up 21 points--but "they did enough"...

And what did the offense do from just over 5 minutes in the 3rd until garbage time? Again the offense was without their top-2 WRs, and RB for half the game, but TT definitely left plays on the field.

Both teams had pretty much the same game plan: Stop the run and make the opponent beat you with the pass. Unfortunately Miami was able to execute while we were not able to. Rex and Co got their butt handed to them. Tyrod also left enough plays on the field for us to question if he is good enough to stay on the team. He had a few plays that reminded me of Trentative. :doh:

Edited by BuffaloFan68

• 3 weeks later...

now 1-5 against starting QBs, giving up an average of 30 PPG in those losses.

last night Seattle only had the ball for 19:43 and scored 5 times. In that little time, Wilson had nearly 300 yards passing. The Seahawks didn't even bother to run the ball and the Bills D still couldn't stop Wilson, despite his bad O-line.