Extra points

4merper4mer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The crap the Pats ran against the Ravens isn't legal either but it took them until the following Thursday to figure that out.

Again, this isn't a big thing and we'll probably only be able to do it once and only if we're the first one. I just hope it is in our bag of tricks if we need a point and Carp is doing poorly.

I have no idea what your rambling about "wasn't legal". Are you talking about the eligable lineman and the WR was not eligable plays? Those were and are legal. Only thing they tweeked was they had give the officials enough time to announce it. Edited by PatsFanNH

I have no idea what your rambling about "wasn't legal". Are you talking about the eligable lineman and the WR was not eligable plays? Those were and are legal. Only thing they tweeked was they had give the officials enough time to announce it.

i know Pats fans have blinders on ALL of the time but they cheated during that game too. The initial play was legal and the subsequent plays were illegal as NE lined up the same 11 guys in different spots and "forgot" to let the refs know. The 100 years old moron refs meandered around the field clueless just like NE had planned.

i know Pats fans have blinders on ALL of the time but they cheated during that game too. The initial play was legal and the subsequent plays were illegal as NE lined up the same 11 guys in different spots and "forgot" to let the refs know. The 100 years old moron refs meandered around the field clueless just like NE had planned.

Wrong! As a typical "I listen to the Ravens head coach" fan instead of the ones listen to the refs who said they WERE notified was he and every time. But hey use that as an example of your ILLEGAL play working. 😞😞

Wrong! As a typical "I listen to the Ravens head coach" fan instead of the ones listen to the refs who said they WERE notified was he and every time. But hey use that as an example of your ILLEGAL play working.

Looking on the web I can't find the link yet. i know I saw it here back at the time but all I could find with a quick search indicated they cheated this way versus the Colts in the same game they cheated with the balls. I could be wrong. All the cheating gets confusing. Maybe they only cheated against the Colts and fooled the old refs against the Ravens, which is not technically cheating.

The point is doing illegal things sometimes works. Someone will do this fake two pointer and get the easy one. It might as well be the Bills.

No you are right this time 4merper - which is what I said in the first place.

The plays against the Ravens were legal but trickery.

The plays against the Colts were illegal.

Where PatsFan is wrong is both are now illegal. You are no longer to declare someone wearing a skill position number ineligible if lined up outside the tackle box. The NFL banned it after that season, so even the plays against Baltimore are now banned.

No you are right this time 4merper - which is what I said in the first place.

The plays against the Ravens were legal but trickery.

The plays against the Colts were illegal.

Where PatsFan is wrong is both are now illegal. You are no longer to declare someone wearing a skill position number ineligible if lined up outside the tackle box. The NFL banned it after that season, so even the plays against Baltimore are now banned.

That must be new this year, last year they just had allow the officials time to announce it. (Remember the Ravens trying the "ILLEGAL" plays a few times.) and against the Colts? The AFCCG or a different game?

That must be new this year, last year they just had allow the officials time to announce it. (Remember the Ravens trying the "ILLEGAL" plays a few times.) and against the Colts? The AFCCG or a different game?

I linked it. They cheated in the AFCCG. Balls and formations. I wonder how many other ways they may have cheated that went undetected.

Nope. It was new last year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/25/nfl-bans-patriots-ineligible-receiver-ploy/amp/?client=ms-android-orange-gb

Edited by GunnerBill

I linked it. They cheated in the AFCCG. Balls and formations. I wonder how many other ways they may have cheated that went undetected.

Sigh formations are not "cheating" at best it's a 5yard penalty. As for the balls well I'm not going there. ( it's an argument that does nothing to change either of our minds lol)