Rex's boasting

TUBSTER

has zero impact on the games for either side, something for the media to blow up- and they do every time.

If it's just a quote from a presser, you would have a point. The question is whether it reflected Rex's attitude in the locker room, and influenced the team to get too cocky or substitute braggadocio for focus and preparation.

From the behavior of the team on the field (either overly amped up or flat at different times) it seems as though it might.

So far this year, the 'we won, yea! on to Miami' level headed attitude seems to be reflected in a better-prepared and more even-keeled performance on the field. Which is really what I want to see from Rex and the Rex-coached Bills every week: a solidly prepared, disciplined team that comes out amped up and ready to play hard, but not over-amped and ready to pull stupid fouls.

If it's just a quote from a presser, you would have a point. The question is whether it reflected Rex's attitude in the locker room, and influenced the team to get too cocky or substitute braggadocio for focus and preparation.

From the behavior of the team on the field (either overly amped up or flat at different times) it seems as though it might.

So far this year, the 'we won, yea! on to Miami' level headed attitude seems to be reflected in a better-prepared and more even-keeled performance on the field. Which is really what I want to see from Rex and the Rex-coached Bills every week: a solidly prepared, disciplined team that comes out amped up and ready to play hard, but not over-amped and ready to pull stupid fouls.

^^^Yep.

I too have noticed his demeanor is quite different this year and I too believe that change in attitude has led to a change in culture and I think we're seeing some of those benefits on Sundays. His lack of bravado is refreshing and I like his approach, even the firing of Roman - with the results good thus far, showed me he was willing to be quite proactive. Whether that was to save his job (probably was) or to have the intended effect, I think it was a signal that this year Rex seems to have a different comprehension of how the NFL requires Head Coaches to be...

The other thing people are missing is the number of penalties by this team especially the dumb ones. We have reduced it significantly. That is good progress.

From www.nflpenalties.com, through six games:

2015: 62 penalties, 583 yards

2016: 43 penalties, 414 yards

Can the businesslike attitude of a head coach can filter down to a reduction in on-field penalties? Maybe.

Going out on a limb here.

He and his brother and possibly more have dedicated the season to Buddy Ryan.

A parent passing can make a Man somber and focused on what is important.

He is playing to win. It's no BS this year.