The "No Call" heard round the world - How to challenge

I understand the objective nature being the reason it's allowed. The reason I brought it up was there were a few posts about not being able to challenge a penalty ... I just wanted to say, 'yes, you can' and highlight how inconsequential it often is compared to holding or PI.

Good point

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My idea is each team gets 2 penalty challenges per season. Win them both, get a third. Each playoff team gets one for the playoffs (no rollover from season). Each super bowl team gets one (no rollover from playoffs).

I will also propose that these penalty challenges would not be added to your already existing 2 per game. A coach would designate at the time of the challenge that it was a penalty challenge.

Edited by judman

Poppy rooster! The worst no call heard round the world was on this play:

Dennis Erickson lost his HCing job as a result of this travesty at the hands of the Tuna and the Refs. :angry:

I don't know what the big deal is. The football on Testaverde's helmet clearly crossed the goal-line before his knee was down.

As I recall, the Bills also got screwed by this call--I think they would have won the division instead of qualifying as a wildcard that year.