Revisiting the Schedule

GunnerBill

You could absolutely see the 49ers D give up on Sunday in the 4th quarter. They were ready to get on a plane and get back to SF. Incognito's interview with Murph yesterday revealed similar thoughts -- the Bills are trying to make the opponents' D want to quit. If they only had Sammy there's no telling how good this offense could be.

That interview was fantastic and I really look forward to Incognito in radio when he hangs it up.

My favorite was the story of Shady giving him the ball and him spiking it. Shady told him he looked really fat doing it and Richie responded "I thought this was a safe zone" :w00t::lol::lol:

The 2004 Bills started 0-4 (losing 3 games by a total of 8 points), and then went on to win 9 of their next 11 games, including a 6-game winning streak. During these eleven games they won games by the scores 38-14, 37-17, 38-9, 42-32, 37-7, 33-17, and 41-7. They looked like an absolute juggernaut, beating the snot out of everybody they faced (with the exception of the Patriots, of course).

As you know, they came into the last game of the season against the Steelers, in Buffalo, needing to win to clinch a playoff spot. The Steelers rested their starters, and the Bills managed to lose 29-24.

Talk to me about how great the Bills are at the end of the season.

I will refute this point every time I see it. That loss against the Steelers "backups" was led by a bunch of guys who took the Steelers to the Super Bowl a couple of years later. At the time it looked terrible but knowing what we do now about those players careers it wasn't as bad as you (and many others) remember it.

Leading Rusher - Willie Parker

Leading Receiver - Antwaan Randle El (Hines Ward also played)

Larry Foote had an INT

Troy Polamalu had a sack

James Harrison and Joey Porter were the starting OLBS

All of these guys played major roles in a Super Bowl win just 2 years later.

Can we please put this fallacy to bed!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That interview was fantastic and I really look forward to Incognito in radio when he hangs it up.

My favorite was the story of Shady giving him the ball and him spiking it. Shady told him he looked really fat doing it and Richie responded "I thought this was a safe zone" :w00t::lol::lol:

I will refute this point every time I see it. That loss against the Steelers "backups" was led by a bunch of guys who took the Steelers to the Super Bowl a couple of years later. At the time it looked terrible but knowing what we do now about those players careers it wasn't as bad as you (and many others) remember it.

Leading Rusher - Willie Parker

Leading Receiver - Antwaan Randle El (Hines Ward also played)

Larry Foote had an INT

Troy Polamalu had a sack

James Harrison and Joey Porter were the starting OLBS

All of these guys played major roles in a Super Bowl win just 2 years later.

Can we please put this fallacy to bed!

My point is not that the Steelers were inconsiderable, but that the Bills looked unbeatable going into that game and still lost. This current four-game winning streak is great. But it means very little in the large scheme of things. Let's see how they do against an improving Dolphins team and then against the Patriots.

My point is not that the Steelers were inconsiderable, but that the Bills looked unbeatable going into that game and still lost. This current four-game winning streak is great. But it means very little in the large scheme of things. Let's see how they do against an improving Dolphins team and then against the Patriots.

I have to say I have seen a lot of one game at a time mentality from all sides. Rex, the players, even the fans. I have been tuning into John Murphy on my ride home (app) and it has been refreshing to hear the players. "Victory Monday" is being well attended and each player interview is focused on the next opponent.

I agree that it is wait and see but I am sure enjoying this ride!

The 2004 Bills started 0-4 (losing 3 games by a total of 8 points), and then went on to win 9 of their next 11 games, including a 6-game winning streak. During these eleven games they won games by the scores 38-14, 37-17, 38-9, 42-32, 37-7, 33-17, and 41-7. They looked like an absolute juggernaut, beating the snot out of everybody they faced (with the exception of the Patriots, of course).

As you know, they came into the last game of the season against the Steelers, in Buffalo, needing to win to clinch a playoff spot. The Steelers rested their starters, and the Bills managed to lose 29-24.

Talk to me about how great the Bills are at the end of the season.

All I can think about is the 5-2 Bills led by Trent Edwards. Trent was being talked about for MVP and our playoff chances were 83%. Well, we know how that worked out.

After it all fell apart, it became more about how easy our schedule was and our vanilla offense.

At 5-2, going into a tough 3 game stretch, I'm keeping that other season in my mind. The ONLY way I will get psyched up is if we beat the Pats. If not, I'll reserve my optimism until after the Raiders game. We've been down this road too many times. Call it BBFS.

I DO believe in Shady. I DO believe in TT not losing games, but maybe not winning them either. I'm hoping that Rex is figuring it out.

But overall, proof is proof and I need to see it.