Bills Sign 5 Year Extension to Keep Camp at St. John Fisher

Why?

The ONLY thing that has stayed constant with the Bills playoff drought is Summers at SJFC.

There's a reason why only a handful of teams still train away from team facilities.

Poor QB play/ overall team talent? Playing in same division as Patriots? Aren't those AT ALL a factor in the dry spell? I fail to see how TC in either Buffalo or SJF has any bearing when Brady is driving on us with 2:00 to go, or we have to go 89 yards for the win. We have just not been talented most of the seasons.

Poor QB play/ overall team talent? Playing in same division as Patriots? Aren't those AT ALL a factor in the dry spell? I fail to see how TC in either Buffalo or SJF has any bearing when Brady is driving on us with 2:00 to go, or we have to go 89 yards for the win. We have just not been talented most of the seasons.

Stop bringing logic into this argument, there's no call for it

It isn't a curse as much as a bad choice. The Bills players from the Fredonia days talked about how the town's layout was conducive to a bunch of guys hitting the bars for a couple of beers after practice. The result was a strong sense of team bonding. I haven't been to SJF but what I hear is that the layout just doesn't work out the same.

Moving to SJF was a financial one, to regionalize the team. Are there more Rochester-area fans buying tickets because training camp is near there? I don't know, but it would have to be a heck of a lot of tickets to make up for missing the playoffs since Fredonia.