[closed]Mario Watch

MAJBobby

Sorry i just have too. Lol

BY ADAM H. BEASLEY

Mario Williams had Jeremy Hill.

Until he didnt.

Williams should have dropped Hill, the Bengals running back, for a big loss in the second quarter

The wide-9 worked how it was intended.

It was the right call.

Williams set the edge and got upfield.

He just didnt make the tackle. Hill shook free, darted back left and not only made it back to the line of scrimmage, but actually gained two yards.

Big picture, that play wasnt a huge deal. On the list of Dolphins mistakes contributing to their loss to Cincinnati, that one wouldnt crack the top 20.

But it was a snapshot of Williams first quarter-season with the Dolphins. Some good, but not nearly enough.

Through four games, Williams has recorded seven tackles (including just two for loss), three quarterback hits and a lone sack.

And his lack of production isnt a function of lack of opportunity. Hes been on the field for 211 snaps this year -- the most of any Dolphins defensive lineman outside of Ndamukong Suh.

Williams was at the centerpiece of the Dolphins defensive makeover.

And while theres blame to go around for their struggles, Williams hasnt done enough to lift them up.

Still, Williams sounded no alarms early Friday morning, speaking with reporters after the Dolphins 22-7 loss to the Bengals. The Dolphins had just allowed six scoring drives (albeit five field goals) and surrendered more than 350 yards in the fourth time in as many games.

Williams stats? Zero sacks, tackles for loss or quarterback hits. In fact, the Dolphins only sack of the game came on a corner blitz.

And yet ...

I feel like I've gotten better from the first game to now, Williams said.

He needs to get much better, fast.

More at LINK: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nf...105542811.html

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.