(OT) LOST

CosmicBills

What was the signif. of the strung-up boar that he passes when he's following the wire?

I believe that was the trap that Sayeed got caught in, so he knew he was safe for a little longer, I may be wrong...

And I agree, let's chill with the spoilers, there are plenty of other websites where we can find out stuff like that...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I please request that when you guys post, you DO NOT post any spoilers without first labeling it so, and giving us a chance to not read it? UConn James, you mentioned something about the baby and said "as if that's a big surprise to anyone". Well, in this show, anything and everything is a surprise.  Just a friendly request. Thanks.

It's like last week someone put in a regular post about Hurley winning the lotto. It did take away from this week's a bit, so please just watch it with the spoilers. I didn't read the rest of this thread, even though I'm interested because I want to avoid spoilers.

Thanks.

260208[/snapback]

Sorry. Actually, a baby birthing in the season finale is so common an occurance (e.g. Friends, twice; ER, however many seasons it's been on b/c it's every year; need I go on?) it's laughable that anyone might think of it as a spoiler, esp. w/ Claire being 8 mos. preggers and there being not many eps left in the season. It's not hard math.

They showed Hurley on the TV getting into a new car. A few positions down in the Telephone Game and voila, you have "Maybe he won the lotto?" That's the risk you run when you read a thread.

I'll be conscious about labeling obvious spoilers.

Sorry. Actually, a baby birthing in the season finale is so common an occurance (e.g. Friends, twice; ER, however many seasons it's been on b/c it's every year; need I go on?) it's laughable that anyone might think of it as a spoiler, esp. w/ Claire being 8 mos. preggers and there being not many eps left in the season. It's not hard math.

They showed Hurley on the TV getting into a new car. A few positions down in the Telephone Game and voila, you have "Maybe he won the lotto?" That's the risk you run when you read a thread.

I'll be conscious about labeling obvious spoilers.

260249[/snapback]

James, it would be different if this was "Friends". We're talking about a show where there is a polar bear eating people on a tropical island. The fact that you knew about the birth of her baby doesn't make it "obvious". But whatever. . .

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.

815 was the flight #

815 was the number of Kate's safety deposit box

Locke had his accident 4 years ago?

Michael was hit by a car 4 years ago

Drive Shaft had their hit 4 years ago

The French woman changed the signal 16 years ago

Arent there 42 survivors on the island?

The 4th book of the Bible Chapter 8 Verse 15-16 deals with firstborn children - ie Claire getting kidnapped.

8:15 And after that shall the Levites go in to do the service of the

tabernacle of the congregation: and thou shalt cleanse them, and offer

them for an offering.

8:16 For they are wholly given unto me from among the children of

Israel; instead of such as open every womb, even instead of the

firstborn of all the children of Israel, have I taken them unto me.

James, it would be different if this was "Friends". We're talking about a show where there is a polar bear eating people on a tropical island. The fact that you knew about the birth of her baby doesn't make it "obvious".  But whatever. . .

260254[/snapback]

Point taken that this isn't a show that follows all the conventions of TV, but they don't throw all of the conventions out. A birthing episode is a ratings-grabber. The writers knew this when they were writing it all before the show became the biggest thing since Marlon Brando's jowls.

Obviously, I've obviously been obviously listening to Drew "Obvious" Bledsoe for too obviously long an obvious time. :doh:

There's a few spoliers I've heard and I haven't and won't post them here. The baby and the lotto one weren't that big a deal. Fuggin TV Guide tells you more. Really, it does.

(I doubt it's a polar bear that got the pilot.)

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.

815 was the flight #

The 4th book of the Bible Chapter 8 Verse 15-16 deals with firstborn children - ie Claire getting kidnapped.

them for an offering.

260273[/snapback]

Ok, here's my Keanu Reeves impersonation: "Whoa"

Point taken that this isn't a show that follows all the conventions of TV, but they don't throw all of the conventions out. A birthing episode is a ratings-grabber. The writers knew this when they were writing it all before the show became the biggest thing since Marlon Brando's jowls.

Obviously, I've obviously been obviously listening to Drew "Obvious" Bledsoe for too obviously long an obvious time.

There's a few spoliers I've heard and I haven't and won't post them here. The baby and the lotto one weren't that big a deal. Fuggin TV Guide tells you more. Really, it does.

(I doubt it's a polar bear that got the pilot.)

260293[/snapback]

James, don't worry about it. Steve complains about everything. He must actually think this is his website and he should be able to make the rules. Listen up Steve - you don't like the way the thread is going - then don't come back. Simple enough isn't it?

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.

815 was the flight #

them for an offering.

260273[/snapback]

Doesn't work. You forgot to use 23. :doh:

James, don't worry about it.  Steve complains about everything.  He must actually think this is his website and he should be able to make the rules.  Listen up Steve - you don't like the way the thread is going - then don't come back.  Simple enough isn't it?

260304[/snapback]

Well, I do understand and concede his point. And everyone should have the opportunity to read and discuss the show w/o big spoilers being revealed. It's a courtesy thing that is crucial. It's just that in mixing the discussion w/ convention, some ideas get tossed around that others mistake as obvious, premeditated spoilers. They're not, and I don't know how sensitive Steve is about not knowing anything before it is actually on the pixels. But if you're talking about a show, at least be prepared to discuss convention.

James, don't worry about it. Steve complains about everything. He must actually think this is his website and he should be able to make the rules. Listen up Steve - you don't like the way the thread is going - then don't come back. Simple enough isn't it?

I was also annoyed.

I'm sure 23 means something.  Not sure if anyone has figured it out yet or if it has presented itself.

260321[/snapback]

Only 23 of the survivors will live to the end of the show????

James, don't worry about it.  Steve complains about everything.  He must actually think this is his website and he should be able to make the rules.  Listen up Steve - you don't like the way the thread is going - then don't come back.  Simple enough isn't it?

260304[/snapback]

Well, jackass, It had nothing to do with how the thread was going. It had to do with spoilers. Everyone reading this thread enjoys Lost, and most don't want spoilers. I didn't yell or scream, I just asked a favor, and others agreed, and James was cool with it.

So listen, son. If you want to start a bitching match with me, pick a situation where I'm at least being a dick head. Cause this time I wasn't. And no, I won't "listen up" to you. Got it, kid?

Well, jackass, It had nothing to do with how the thread was going. It had to do with spoilers. Everyone reading this thread enjoys Lost, and most don't want spoilers. I didn't yell or scream, I just asked a favor, and others agreed, and James was cool with it.

So listen, son. If you want to start a bitching match with me, pick a situation where I'm at least being a dick head. Cause this time I wasn't.  And no, I won't "listen up" to you. Got it, kid?

260434[/snapback]

Well that was easy! :doh:

Only 23 of the survivors will live to the end of the show????

260417[/snapback]

Thought about it, but its too vague.... How many survived the plane crash? Do you count the Deputy who died of injuries sustained in the crash? 23 Get off the island? 23 get home safely? Too many questions.

Thought about it, but its too vague.... How many survived the plane crash? Do you count the Deputy who died of injuries sustained in the crash?  23 Get off the island? 23 get home safely? Too many questions.

260445[/snapback]

Maybe next season they will find the 23 survivors from the tail of the airplane.

I'm sure 23 means something.  Not sure if anyone has figured it out yet or if it has presented itself.

260321[/snapback]

23? The number of times Steve will complain about someone actually talking about this thread?

Well, getting back to brass tacks, how in the heckfire could the bridge support Hurley and not Charlie? That's one that boggles the mind, unless it took a while for a rope to become totally unfrayed.

Then, who built the bridge? Looked a lot older than 16 years for Danielle's party to have put up. That combined w/ the existing signal that sidetracked the expedition, this island has likely seen several crashes. Bermuda Triangle, the Pacific version?