Bills sign former Bengals WR/KR Brandon Tate

YoloinOhio

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An assessment from Joe Goodberry. If you know Joe, you know he's a go-to source for the Bengals.

@JoeGoodberry 22m22 minutes ago

@RQUINN619 In all seriousness, he's just a guy. The coaches loved him for being a "pro". Has decent build-up speed, but acceleration and

@JoeGoodberry 21m21 minutes ago

@RQUINN619 stop & go sucks. Plays every WR spot, but not good at any. Will make a nice catch here and there. Safe returner (catching it) but

@JoeGoodberry 21m21 minutes ago

@RQUINN619 makes bonehead decisions in the return game. Should've been cut years ago. Not because he's bad, but because he isn't good.

Why did the bills bring this guy in and not the other all pros that are out there on the waiver wire......

This guy Tate sucks.....all his does is be a consumate professional NFL receiver and good locker room presense......WTH Whaley!

Why did the bills bring this guy in and not the other all pros that are out there on the waiver wire......

This guy Tate sucks.....all his does is be a consumate professional NFL receiver and good locker room presense......WTH Whaley!

and knows just a little about the afc north

At some point, ability has to count for something. Being a nice dude and a good effort guy has got him this far, I guess.

With Bush/Powell set for KR/PR duties, the fact that Tate doesn't contribute on coverage units and isn't good as a WR, I find the move baffling.

At some point, ability has to count for something. Being a nice dude and a good effort guy has got him this far, I guess.

With Bush/Powell set for KR/PR duties, the fact that Tate doesn't contribute on coverage units and isn't good as a WR, I find the move baffling.

have a feeling Bush is going to be moved off of returns and used a lot on offense. We will see! Edited by YoloinOhio

Gotta justify that roster spot somehow. Powell seriously outperformed him on ST during preseason.

Then we should give the bills credit for adapting to the situation......Bush looked pretty darn good as a RB and has a little juice left.....he provides another pass catching option.....

I dont fault the bills for accumulating talent......just gotta find a way to get the most out of it

I think he's worth a shot. Tate ranked 9th in 2015 for kick & punt returns. I would imagine if he doesn't pull his weight on special teams you would most likely see him cut when either Dareus or Lawson returns. You might see that move regardless.

Then we should give the bills credit for adapting to the situation......Bush looked pretty darn good as a RB and has a little juice left.....he provides another pass catching option.....

I dont fault the bills for accumulating talent......just gotta find a way to get the most out of it

No problem in getting our money's worth out of Bush. I mean, he's likely not staying around for long and, if you have the skill set, might as well use it.

It's very unlike Greg Roman to have backs in the passing game heavily. Maybe this is a sign of his evolution, learning from what he got wrong in SF?

No problem in getting our money's worth out of Bush. I mean, he's likely not staying around for long and, if you have the skill set, might as well use it.

It's very unlike Greg Roman to have backs in the passing game heavily. Maybe this is a sign of his evolution, learning from what he got wrong in SF?

I would like to see Roman continue to adapt to the talent he has....

I still say....by the time it all said and done Williams is gonna be a big part of this offense......I want a between the tackles runner in this offense

I would like to see Roman continue to adapt to the talent he has....

I still say....by the time it all said and done Williams is gonna be a big part of this offense......I want a between the tackles runner in this offense

I said it the day we drafted him, JWill has the talent to be RB2 by the end of the season. In 2017, him and Shady as a "thunder & lightning" combo is the stuff of dreams for me.

Why do you have to be negative? Have you watched Tate play over the years? He is lightning fast. And has some ability at WR as well. At least as good if not better than Marquis Goodwin. And he played with the Pats so he doesn't suck. Be excited for the season instead of worrying about the guys they bring in to fill out the bottom of the roster. If you know football well, you will know that just about everyone who plays in the NFL is an athlete. Some are better than others. But if you can last as long as Tate has, you have some game.

I'm usually very optimistic. And I don't think I'm being pessimistic here, just asking why they brought Tate in when returns will be done by Bush and/or Powell, he's not much of a WR, and guys like Randle (and Short) are more accomplished and still out there?

I said it the day we drafted him, JWill has the talent to be RB2 by the end of the season. In 2017, him and Shady as a "thunder & lightning" combo is the stuff of dreams for me.

Same for Gillislee. If you look at what he did in his limited time, he was every bit KW's equal. And he joined the team mid-season.