[OT] Yet another celebrity death

Dan Gross

Obscure celebrity, but celeb nonetheless...

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050222/latu091_1.html

I remember catching his ramblings at times late at night. Back in the day when the TV had a separate UHF dial, and there's was a difference between UHF and VHF....

Not your everyday televangelist, that's for sure... RIP, Dr. Scott.

I used to call his show all the time

I loved that show.

Back around the late 80's when all those TV preacher scandals were running hot in the news, I would call EVERY night for about a week.

Remember those goofs he had in the background manning the telephones like the Jerry Lewis Telethon? Some of them even wore cowboy hats

I would claim that I was going to make a big donation, but I wanted them to assure me that he was not using the donations to enrich himself. they would go on to tell tell me how honest and humble he was until I asked "What kind of car does he drive"......They would get evasive and I would say something smart-assed.

After about a week of this, one of the call takers said "Don't call here anymore" and I just kept saying "What kind of car does he drive". Finally the guy said

"Do you know what you are?"

And I said "No, tell me what I am"

And he said You...you....you..you...YOU ARE AN !@#$"

That was before I had the intrnet to amuse myself.

I also used to call Larry King and Jim Bohannon

Oh man, that guy was nuts! I used to love watching that loon.

Obscure celebrity, but celeb nonetheless...

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050222/latu091_1.html

I remember catching his ramblings at times late at night.  Back in the day when the TV had a separate UHF dial, and there's was a difference between UHF and VHF....

Not your everyday televangelist, that's for sure... RIP, Dr. Scott.

249319[/snapback]