2nd Round Kicker Consults Mental Coach

Straying just slightly off topic, since this reminds me of Jordan Gay, and in turn of Olympic sprinter Tyson Gay (and because this just never gets old to me):

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/sleuth/2008/07/christian_sites_ban_on_g_word.html

"It means a lot to me," the 25-year-old Homosexual said. "I'm glad my body could do it, because now I know I have it in me."

:blink:

Janikowski was a 1stime rounder and he did pretty well. I don't think it's a dumb pick, if he plays as a top 5-8 kicker from some point this season and for the next 10 years. And as far as Rex's being mean to Carpenter, I think he unnecessarily called him out last TC, but hasn't been as bad this year, and I think it was Parcells who was CELEBRATED by making Veneteri who he was in pressure situations by the stress he put him through in training.

Why would anyone consult with a coach who's mental?

Many coaches are hence why there are putting in 100 hour shifts and sometimes lose families.

The Bucs put so much pressure on him by taking him when they did. Every miss is going to be met with howls of derision. The chances of him being able to perform well enough that the team can think they're getting a good ROI are next to zero.

I hope he can settle down and have a good career. The Bucs also need to be aware that this is a monster they created, they had better support him.

They said same thing about Sebastian Janikowski, the Polish Pounder, but he did pretty well under pressure but maybe Polocks are just stronger mentally.

Shades of Gary Anderson. He tanked the entire preseason - missed EVERY FG attempt. Knox had to cut him and he went on to be absolutely great. If he had made even one FG, Knox could have kept him. :angry: G. Anderson

This kind of action by players is why the NFL should NEVER offer guaranteed contracts. Want out? Just sink your season and NFLPA, the NFL's partner (Brutus was considered Caesar's partner) will support you.