Cover 1's review | Every Cardale throw and PFF stats

Cover 1

Thanks, as always, for your great analysis!

Cardale looked better maybe than I expected. Roman and David Lee are doing a nice job with him.

And I'll wander a bit off topic here and say that DW is doing well making lemonade from lemons. He inherited a bad QB situation but acquired TT who had a promising first season. Then he got Cardale who looks like he can be TT's backup next year when EJ most likely leaves. And if TT doesn't live up to his promise, maybe Cardale will live up to his.

Quite a few players made impressions on me, here are a few. Pro Football Focus' advanced stats and videos included. Also included are every throw by an impressive outing by Cardale.

http://www.cover1.net/2016/08/preseason-bills-vs-colts-impressions/

Awesome man. Love your videos and analysis. He looked great but there were a few back foot throws that he got away with. Also I think, even though he's not as fast as Tyrod, he needs to work a bit on switching directions. He commits so much to rolling in one direction, that when he gets to the sideline, he has to throw it away. Turning back around and going deeper in the pocket would help him extend a few plays.

Awesome man. Love your videos and analysis. He looked great but there were a few back foot throws that he got away with. Also I think, even though he's not as fast as Tyrod, he needs to work a bit on switching directions. He commits so much to rolling in one direction, that when he gets to the sideline, he has to throw it away. Turning back around and going deeper in the pocket would help him extend a few plays.

This Kid is the perfect developmental QB. Hope Bills can set a new precedent , in giving players time to get up to speed.

Might have been part of what screwed up EJ honestly.

Jones was fun to watch, as he was having a blast

This Kid is the perfect developmental QB. Hope Bills can set a new precedent , in giving players time to get up to speed.

All three of these prior comments are spot on. He played well, his fundamentals are still lacking at time but his big arm makes up for it. He is perfect for this offense. The right mix of arm and legs. But his accuracy is lacking. Great outing overall.

I doubt it. These two QBs are different in every way right out of the box.

No one screwed up EJ.

Thanks, as always, for your great analysis!

Cardale looked better maybe than I expected. Roman and David Lee are doing a nice job with him.

And I'll wander a bit off topic here and say that DW is doing well making lemonade from lemons. He inherited a bad QB situation but acquired TT who had a promising first season. Then he got Cardale who looks like he can be TT's backup next year when EJ most likely leaves. And if TT doesn't live up to his promise, maybe Cardale will live up to his.

Exactly, well said on all points.

No one screwed up EJ.

I have said and will continue to say that EJ was never expected to start and Hackett/Marrone did him no favors.

I am certainly not trying to compare the players. Just the experience

I have said and will continue to say that EJ was never expected to start and Hackett/Marrone did him no favors.

I am certainly not trying to compare the players. Just the experience

EJ should have gotten the treatment it looks like Cardale will get. I'm not sure it would have made him starter material, but it was his best path and that option was removed due to necessity.

No one screwed up EJ.

LOL! How do you get that they are "different in every way right out of the box"?

And while I like CJ's potential, remember that EJ had a far better first-ever pre-season game against none other than the Colts back in 2013, except he was going against 1st and 2nd stringers.

LOL! How do you get that they are "different in every way right out of the box"?

And while I like CJ's potential, remember that EJ had a far better first-ever pre-season game against none other than the Colts back in 2013, except he was going against 1st and 2nd stringers.

Valid points. Take into account the system, no expectations for a 5th rounder and pure arm talent Cardale fits better than EJ did when he came in.

EJ should have gotten the treatment it looks like Cardale will get. I'm not sure it would have made him starter material, but it was his best path and that option was removed due to necessity.

Once and again you really can be on point. necessity can be a B word. was for EJM

Honestly, I don't think Cardale will ever be accurate enough to be a great QB. I know I could end up being completely wrong.

However, there's one thing I love about him. Something that probably can't be taught. Vision and improvisation.

Whether or not he has the ability to get the ball there, he at least sees it and finds a way to act on it. Fast eyes? :flirt:

That seems to be the biggest difference between Jones and Manuel right now. One can screw the script. The other sticks to it.