RG III Named Browns' Starting QB

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@BobHoltzmanESPN

Robert Griffin III will be named Browns starting quarterback. Announcement possible as soon as today, per team... http://es.pn/2aFbbHL

Completely expected. They need to see if they can fix RG3 and reclaim his career. They might as well try. Their other options are McCown, who's an old vet, and a late 3rd round rookie in Kessler. It's a very similar situation to what the Bills faced last year when I said they might as well give Taylor a shot.

@RapSheet

In the words of #Browns coach Hue Jackson, on @RGIII being named starter... "It's time." His other words:

CpVyP5EWYAAANcf.jpg

Completely expected. They need to see if they can fix RG3 and reclaim his career. They might as well try. Their other options are McCown, who's an old vet, and a late 3rd round rookie in Kessler. It's a very similar situation to what the Bills faced last year when I said they might as well give Taylor a shot.

Good assessment on a low risk guy.

The Browns could be one hell of a good watch this year. RG3 at QB, Josh Gordon back, Corey Coleman being the Human Touchdown at Baylor. Duke Johnson, Gary Barnidge.

Or, you know, it could end terribly. Like every other Browns season I can remember.

dont forget Pryor at WR! He has looked really good. Of course, I don't trust RG3, the OL, or the defense. But I like the offensive weapons. Edited by YoloinOhio

The Browns know they aren't going anywhere this season.

That would be realistic. On the other hand, it doesn't mean they want to mail it in and go 0-16. If that were really their blueprint, then I suppose nothing they do has an iota of risk. They could bring back Johnny Football for amusement purposes.

I went to Brownsfest on Saturday at the Shoe. The offense actually looked good but it looked good last year at Brownsfest too and they won 3 games. Defense is bad. They called it a scrimmage but there was no hitting. Pryor had 2 TDs.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The Browns could be one hell of a good watch this year. RG3 at QB, Josh Gordon back, Corey Coleman being the Human Touchdown at Baylor. Duke Johnson, Gary Barnidge.

Or, you know, it could end terribly. Like every other Browns season I can remember.

They could be very fun to watch if RG3 does well and stays healthy. If so, the offense has potential to put up a lot of points - and they'll probably need to as the defense looks like it could be very, very bad. There's a real possibility of some very high scoring shootouts.

They could be very fun to watch if RG3 does well and stays healthy. If so, the offense has potential to put up a lot of points - and they'll probably need to as the defense looks like it could be very, very bad. There's a real possibility of some very high scoring shootouts.

How well he comes back will be one of the more interesting storylines this season.

@fbgchase

RG3 threw 20 touchdown passes as a rookie in 2012. Since then, he has thrown 20 touchdown passes.