Reggie Ragland Film Breakdown

So I decided to start a "Film Room" video series with live commentary and breakdowns of Bills rookies, players, concepts, etc. with Rich Fann of BuffaloWins.com, who, if you're on Twitter is a must follow (@RDotDeuce) he's a great guy, football coach and knows his stuff. My video production skills are at a 5th grade level, and this was our first one, so don't be too harsh. However, the commentary gives a good look at the strengths and weaknesses of Ragland's game and how he'll fit within Rex's scheme.

We're gonna keep these all around 30 mins or so, with 2 games for each, and will be looking at not only players, but schemes, plays, etc. Here's the link if you're interested. Be sure to cut some slack on the first episode...if we're still jumbling around by the 3rd one, then you can bust out all the jokes you want :)

Enjoy and if possible, let me know how we can improve, which topics/players you want to see, anything that we can do to make this something you'd regularly check out. Thanks!

http://buildingtheherd.com/film-room/reggie-ragland-film-breakdown/

I watched some of the video vs. Tenn, good stuff seeing as it was your first time. I'm not a Ragland guy but one suggestion I would make is chew up some of the dead air time while he is cycling through plays by talking about the opposition too. He dropped Jalen Hurd like a sack of potatoes which is impressive, that kid is 6'4 240 or so? Less impressive was that he beat him to the edge though, Hurd runs 4.5-4.6 range. You referenced the Patriots in there on a tackle of his against a swing pass, Hurd's size is equivalent to Lagarette Blount. How is Rags going to fare against swing passes to a much quicker back in Lewis?

As you can see in the video he does concede a fair amount of yardage to compensate for his own speed or lack there of and I doubt that translates to him being an above average LB in the NFL. I will watch more when I get home, you may have covered some of the things I mentioned.

I watched some of the video vs. Tenn, good stuff seeing as it was your first time. I'm not a Ragland guy but one suggestion I would make is chew up some of the dead air time while he is cycling through plays by talking about the opposition too. He dropped Jalen Hurd like a sack of potatoes which is impressive, that kid is 6'4 240 or so? Less impressive was that he beat him to the edge though, Hurd runs 4.5-4.6 range. You referenced the Patriots in there on a tackle of his against a swing pass, Hurd's size is equivalent to Lagarette Blount. How is Rags going to fare against swing passes to a much quicker back in Lewis?

As you can see in the video he does concede a fair amount of yardage to compensate for his own speed or lack there of and I doubt that translates to him being an above average LB in the NFL. I will watch more when I get home, you may have covered some of the things I mentioned.

thanks for the input. And yeah, we know how the pats quick game to their RBs in the flat has killed us-even NYG game for ex. so have to be able to chase that down which is why I brought up NE, but we talked about pursuit angles and read-react ability which is a strength. He's not flawless, and for those that really follow my work know that I'm a Ragland fan boy so I tried to show the negatives in there as well.

Hey Rob, big fan of your work.

Could you possibly do one on Kevon Seymour in the future? He wasn't a big name circulating around at draft time, but it seems Rex has been very happy with his progress and is allegedly turning heads.

I would think Seymour would be tough to do because of his vision problems in college. Sounds like hes completely different.

Great job Rob BTW

Hey Rob, big fan of your work.

Could you possibly do one on Kevon Seymour in the future? He wasn't a big name circulating around at draft time, but it seems Rex has been very happy with his progress and is allegedly turning heads.

I generally don't look at CBs in college because there's a lack of film and the broadcast angle doesn't allow you to see the whole field, so it's tough to get a gauge for their actual talent/instincts bc you don't see interaction w/ safeties, coverages etc.