Topic of the day for Tuesday 6/21--Replace kick offs

It would be so much less convoluted if they ditched extra points, made tds worth 7 and made any change of possession due to a score start the opponent at their 20 a la touchback.

Coin toss establishes who gets the ball first.

Done

Now you focus on football and keep a roster full of guys that are good at it. Kickers can still kick for 3, that's it.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

It would be so much less convoluted if they ditched extra points, made tds worth 7 and made any change of possession due to a score start the opponent at their 20 a la touchback.

Done

Now you focus on football and keep a roster full of guys that are good at it. Kickers can still kick for 3, that's it.

I like... :thumbsup:

I like... :thumbsup:

yep

Done

when do they fit the required 10 commercials in ?

Guys - this quote was taken from another thread at the time when there was a discussion for a week on Moving the Chains show on NFL Radio. I did not propose this as a topic of the day.

Basically, Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller positioned the discussion that they are very concerned the NFL will eliminate kick offs which no one wants, yet the NFL is concerned with the safety issues, and I'm sure litigation over safety issues from kick offs.

So PK and JM, came up with instead of these other rules changes of placing at the 25 yard line, and all of the other proposed scenarios, to substitute kick offs with punts and provided a ton of research on the lack of injuries from punting vs. kick offs. An on-side kick is replaced with a fake punt, placing the punt on the 35 or 40 yd line. They looked at the distance of the avg. punt distance, and maintain the level of excitement in the game. Whether we like it or not, the kick off is at risk of elimination.

If you want to know more, call into the show and let them pitch the idea to you. I don't know why my comment on a thread a month ago became the proposed topic of the day as I did not make this suggestion.