I promoted getting Roberto Aguayo in the 1st round...

Remember that Tom didn't deflate the balls. He got in trouble for interfering with the investigation.

;-)

No, he had two flunkees over whom he had huge infuence on their employment do it. Then he just lied and destroyed evidence. Now that's said, taking a kicker in the first round is just plain crackerdogs.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know enough about this kicker to say he should have been a 1St rounder, very rarely do you find one who should be. But to say you should never draft one before 'X' round is dumb. Very good kickers are not a dime a dozen like some seem to think, and accurate ones that can kick far FGs are hard to find, having one can win you games. The problem has been it's not easy to kick FGs and there's tons of average kickers so teams don't draft them early or at all and just accept average.

Carpenter has had one good year in Buffalo,last year he was garbage along with his final year in Miami. His good year may have been more likely to be a fluke then his bad seasons being the fluke.....

It would have been great if Buffalo could have gotten a franchise kicker, but I don't think this guy was at a 1St round level or a better pick then Shaq. The thing with kickers is that they usually have a long, Healthier career then almost any other position. I would rather they draft a kicker higher then a punter though......