5-2: Deadline for Fifth Year Option on 2013 1st Round Picks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ could still be here in 2017 and beyond. He's just not getting hot money for doing it. I could see him sticking around. He might not get a lot of chances elsewhere.

should be worth watching.

if Cardale takes over as # 2 preseason EJM is long gone.

some politics and psychology too to watch for as the season comes upon us

Updated.

@ProFootballTalk

Bills reportedly decline fifth-year option on EJ Manuel

right thing to do of course

should be worth watching.

if Cardale takes over as # 2 preseason EJM is long gone.

some politics and psychology too to watch for as the season comes upon us

right thing to do of course

Cardale won't be ready to take the #2 role this season and maybe not even in 2017. EJ's option not being exercised is no shock at all given the $11M+ cost as discussed in the start of the thread.

Cardale won't be ready to take the #2 role this season and maybe not even in 2017. EJ's option not being exercised is no shock at all given the $11M+ cost as discussed in the start of the thread.

Draft yet another in the 4th. next year. Hope Jones move into the backup role to Tyrod by then.

Any thoughts on what will happen to EJM? will Bills make him a lowball offer? Will another team feel they can make something of him? Even as a back up?

I wish the Kid could find a home in the NFL. But that Jacksonville game really hurt my opinion of him, even with the comeback effort

Draft yet another in the 4th. next year. Hope Jones move into the backup role to Tyrod by then.

Any thoughts on what will happen to EJM? will Bills make him a lowball offer? Will another team feel they can make something of him? Even as a back up?

I wish the Kid could find a home in the NFL. But that Jacksonville game really hurt my opinion of him, even with the comeback effort

He could wind up back in Buffalo depending upon how fast Cardale develops. If he's not with the Bills, he'll be a backup QB elsewhere in the NFL.

He could wind up back in Buffalo depending upon how fast Cardale develops. If he's not with the Bills, he'll be a backup QB elsewhere in the NFL.

I hope so. Although some loathe the possibility, i think the best place for him to be is in Buff. lets see what Roman and Co. thinks i guess.

@SalSports

Report: Bills decline 5th year option on EJ Manuel: http://www.wgr550.com/Report-Bills-decline-5th-year-option-on-EJ-Manuel/22723354

In yet another another move signifying EJ Manuel’s time in Buffalo will be over after this coming season, the team has declined to exercise it’s fifth-year option on the quarterback, according to multiple reports.

As Manuel now enters the final year of his contract, the Bills drafted Ohio State QB Cardale Jones in the fourth round over the weekend. General Manager Doug Whaley said Jones will be the third QB this season, while Manuel’s spot as the number-two behind Taylor this season is safe.

@ProFootballTalk

12 first-round picks from 2013 have fifth-year options declined

PFT tracked them all here.

1. Eric Fisher, OT, Chiefs (the Chiefs picked up his option)

2. Luke Joeckel, OT, Jaguars (the Jagurs will not pick up his option)

3. Dion Jordan, DE, Dolphins (his suspension froze his contract and pushes the option back)

4. Lane Johnson, OT, Eagles (previously signed a new, long-term deal with the Eagles)

5. Ziggy Ansah, DE, Lions (the Lions picked up his option)

6. Barkevious Mingo, OLB, Browns (the Browns did not pick up his option)

7. Jonathan Cooper, G, Cardinals (Cooper was traded to the Patriots, who did not pick up his option)

8. Tavon Austin, WR, Rams (the Rams picked up his option)

9. Dee Milliner, CB, Jets (the Jets won’t pick up his option)

10. Chance Warmack, G, Titans (the Titans won’t pick up his option)

11. D.J. Fluker, OT, Chargers (the Chargers announced they’ve picked up his option)

12. DJ Hayden, CB, Raiders (the Raiders declined to pick up his option)

13. Sheldon Richardson, DT, Jets (the Jets picked up his option)

14. Star Lotulelei, DT, Panthers (the Panthers picked up his option)

15. Kenny Vaccaro, S, Saints (was the first player to have his option picked up)

16. E.J. Manuel, QB, Bills (the Bills declined to pick up his option)

17. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Steelers (the Steelers declined to pick up his option)

18. Eric Reid, S, 49ers (the 49ers picked up his option)

19. Justin Pugh, OL, Giants (the Giants have picked up his option)

20. Kyle Long, OL, Bears (the Bears announced they have picked up the option)

21. Tyler Eifert, TE, Bengals (the Bengals announced they have picked up the option)

22. Desmond Trufant, CB, Falcons (the Falcons announced they have picked up the option)

23. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Vikings (the Vikings picked up his option)

24. Bjoern Werner, DE, Colts (was cut by the Colts last month)

25. Xavier Rhodes, CB, Vikings (the Vikings picked up his option)

26. Datone Jones, DE, Packers (the Packers declined his option)

27. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Texans (the Texans exercised the option on Hopkins’ contract)

28. Sylvester Williams, DT, Broncos (the Broncos will not pick up Williams’ option)

29. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Vikings (the Vikings declined to pick up his option)

30. Alec Ogletree, LB, Rams (the Rams picked up his option)

31. Travis Frederick, C, Cowboys (the Cowboys exercised the option)

32. Matt Elam, S, Ravens (the Ravens declined to pick up his option)

Edited by 26CornerBlitz