Globalism -- Pros and Cons

The world is getting smaller and its problems becoming more interconnected. From immigration issues, to economic issues, to climate change issues, to the "war" on terror -- are we moving towards a global government? Is such a move inevitable or something to resist?

I'm sure this question will garner a wide range of responses. Curious to hear what ya'll think about this (admittedly broad) topic. The article linked below isn't really the best jumping off point for this conversation, but it popped up in my feed today so I just went with it:

Identity 2016: Global citizenship rising, polls suggest

One problem with polling attitudes on identity is that "global citizenship" is a difficult concept to define and the poll left it open to those taking part to interpret.

For some, it might be about the projection of economic clout across the world. To others, it might mean an altruistic impulse to tackle the world's problems in a spirit of togetherness - whether that is climate change or inequality in the developing world.

Global citizenship might also be about ease of communication in an interconnected age and being able to have a voice on social media.

And for many, it will be about migration and mobility. We are, after all, witnessing the biggest movements of people since the World War Two.

This is not just driven by war and conflict. It is also because the world as a whole is becoming more prosperous and air travel is becoming more affordable to the rising middle classes.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-36139904

I don't understand why anyone in the US would desire to give up sovereignty to the UN, or any other foreign entity . We got it right. At least in the sense of the founding fathers, the Constitution and individual liberty and the success it brings to the most people. Has it been hijacked by international banks, corporations and various other criminals like the Bush's and the Clintons? Certainly but that's our bad for letting scumbags have the run of us. I don't want to be tied financially, socially or any other way to and even more centralized authority. Barry and the establishment Reps and Dems can jam the TPP and any other phony trade deal up their collective rectum. We have a Constitution to determine our rights. So no pros for me and lots of cons.

Edited by Dante

Well, certainly the best "pro" argument...................is we all get to wear those cool, futuristic, one-world outfits

st11.jpg

:lol:

Man, the late-70s were a fashion wasteland.

Just make sure you don't get stuck with the red shirt.

I don't think they had red uniforms in Spockalypse Now.

Edited by DC Tom

I don't understand why anyone in the US would desire to give up sovereignty to the UN, or any other foreign entity . We got it right. At least in the sense of the founding fathers, the Constitution and individual liberty and the success it brings to the most people. Has it been hijacked by international banks, corporations and various other criminals like the Bush's and the Clintons? Certainly but that's our bad for letting scumbags have the run of us. I don't want to be tied financially, socially or any other way to and even more centralized authority. Barry and the establishment Reps and Dems can jam the TPP and any other phony trade deal up their collective rectum. We have a Constitution to determine our rights. So no pros for me and lots of cons.

:thumbsup: