4-19: Doug Whaley On the John Murphy Show

Doug Whaley: "This draft fits our needs"

There are coaches available in the draft? That is our real need.

Pre-Rex's 2015 disaster our needs would have been:

OL depth and maybe RT

WR?

TE?

LB

Maybe Safety

Maybe QB

With Rex we need all of the above in equal measure plus an additional 2 LB, and at least 2 DL

The worst posters on this board happened to post right after the OP #2, #3... Shame, killed this thread already.

What else is new? Same old tired drum beat that derails the subject matter of the thread.

AP_NYC_train_derailment_jt_131130_16x9_9

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The worst posters on this board happened to post right after the OP #2, #3... Shame, killed this thread already.

And yet you didn't refute anything said about our draft needs.

I will agree that Mario wasn't staying with his cap hit as is. Could he have been restructured or could we have made decisions to keep him instead of others? Maybe. We could have kept Bradham if we had the will.

Simply put our draft needs are much greater entering 2016 than anyone could have anticipated a year ago. I am in the camp that feels Whaley has done a good job drafting but feel that this will be his most challenging year. This is due to the quantity of our needs, lack of ability to do much in FA and the need to draft exact fits for this silly defense to have a chance to work. Two of those three factors are because of the Rex hire. I don't really know one way or the other if that is Whaley's fault.

It is great if he feels the portfolio of players coming out match our needs, but the quantity of players we need......and can realistically expect to contribute..... is probably greater than our total number of picks.

The number one type of person I refuse to spend my time around or be friends with are pessimists. They think they're creative or realistic but they're really just negative, miserable and drag everyone else down.

Whaley is a better GM than we've had in a while and we've won more games in the past two years since the start of the new millennium. Time to freak out!

And yet you didn't refute anything said about our draft needs.

I will agree that Mario wasn't staying with his cap hit as is. Could he have been restructured or could we have made decisions to keep him instead of others? Maybe. We could have kept Bradham if we had the will.

Simply put our draft needs are much greater entering 2016 than anyone could have anticipated a year ago. I am in the camp that feels Whaley has done a good job drafting but feel that this will be his most challenging year. This is due to the quantity of our needs, lack of ability to do much in FA and the need to draft exact fits for this silly defense to have a chance to work. Two of those three factors are because of the Rex hire. I don't really know one way or the other if that is Whaley's fault.

It is great if he feels the portfolio of players coming out match our needs, but the quantity of players we need......and can realistically expect to contribute..... is probably greater than our total number of picks.

The Bill signed the best guard and tackle in free agency along with some other decent signings - restructured a couple non-cap friendly contracts. They've done a ton in FA?