TE upgrades: Becht, Franks or Heath Miller?

freester

I have no doubt that we will acquire one of the three.  Who would you want Bubba Franks, Anthony Becht or Heath Miller?

245978[/snapback]

heath will be long gone by the time we pick........i'd love to have him though.......

i'd like either franks or becht, but would take pollard over them if he ends up leaving indy.......

heath will be long gone by the time we pick........i'd love to have him though.......

i'd like either franks or becht, but would take pollard over them if he ends up leaving indy.......

245980[/snapback]

We would have to trade up to get Heath Miller, But Donahoe loves making splashy moves on draft day.

245980[/snapback]

Is Marcus Pollard a free agent?

Bubba Franks the best TE in the league next to Tony Gonzalez. But, Tony is not available.

However, drafting a TE is better and cheaper.

246029[/snapback]

I don't know about Bubba Franks being the 2nd best TE in the league. Here are some damn good young TE's all with the ability to stretch the field...

Antonio Gates

Algae Crumpler

Todd Heap

Jason Witten

I don't know about Bubba Franks being the 2nd best TE in the league. Here are some damn good young TE's all with the ability to stretch the field...

Antonio Gates

Algae Crumpler

Todd Heap

Jason Witten

The difference is, we can get Bubba if we want him.

And we do.

Bubba's best ball should still in front of him as a 6th year TE, and he seems like a natural fit for our O with his good blocking skills. It is hard to imagine GB not realizing just how good he is and finding a way to keep him.

Another interesting thing about Bubba is his career QB rating of 158 ;-)

The difference is, we can get Bubba if we want him.

And we do.

246060[/snapback]

but do the Bills want him is the real question <_<

On that note, count me among that don't see Franks as the best TE out there. I'd prefer Freddie Jones, who I feel is more athletic and a better receiver as to me Bubba Franks is more of a redzone TE.

But what about Euhus and/or Neufeld? They are receiver-type TE's. Don't you want the best blocker TE?

246082[/snapback]

Neufeld is nothing more then a 3rd string TE. Euhus is still a question mark considering he had an ACL injury last year. All things considered I don't see TE high on the list and while I agree we need a blocking TE it might be best looking at someone further down the depth chart to fill that role. As I think Franks will be out of our budget not to mention I think he's a tad overrated for his receiving ability (as was trying to say this is where Jones is better then him) however think in reality we'd like someone likely land Itula Mili or Cam Cleeland instead.

But what about Euhus and/or Neufeld? They are receiver-type TE's. Don't you want the best blocker TE?

246082[/snapback]

I'm a little concerned about Euhus. He blew out his ACL in his right knee in 2001 and I believe his knee injury this past year was also to the right knee.

I think a vet TE is almost a higher priority than OL come 3/1. Campbell & Euhus are both questionable if they will be ready for training camp and Neufeld is nothing more than a #3 TE.

{edited}Jokeman...I guess you and I agree on Neufeld. You beat me to the punch.

We have TE's who can catch in Campbell and Euhus, we need a blocker. Anthony Becht is a blocking TE. He will come much cheaper than Franks because of his limited offensive production. I wouldn't mind a 2 TE set with Campbell and Becht, especially in the red area. Becht won't blow anyone away but he can box out in the end zone and catch the ball. The Jets didn't throw the ball much inside the 10 as a team. They handed off alot, which is indicative of a good running team, which is also what I'd expect us to do alot next year as well. That being said, "The Butch Rolle Play" is still the best play in football when you have a good goalline RB. Anthony Becht can do that well.

Neufeld is nothing more then a 3rd string TE. Euhus is still a question mark considering he had an ACL injury last year. All things considered I don't see TE high on the list and while I agree we need a blocking TE it might be best looking at someone further down the depth chart to fill that role. As I think Franks will be out of our budget not to mention I think he's a tad overrated for his receiving ability (as was trying to say this is where Jones is better then him) however think in reality we'd like someone likely land Itula Mili or Cam Cleeland instead.

246084[/snapback]

Cam Cleeland was great but injuries have taken a toll on him.