Franchise tag, do you need 2 1st's from

JP-era

Could the Bills go this route by trading a 2006, and 2007 1st rounder for someone or do the 1st rounders have to be in the current year? both of them?

I think the CBA is a bit flawed here because teams just wont pony up this much for any player. I think they should drop it to say 1 1st and 2 2nd's or something that opens the window up a bit more to trading.

Could the Bills go this route by trading a 2006, and 2007 1st rounder for someone or do the 1st rounders have to be in the current year? both of them?

I think the CBA is a bit flawed here because teams just wont pony up this much for any player. I think they should drop it to say 1 1st and 2 2nd's or something that opens the window up a bit more to trading.

245905[/snapback]

Don't know the answer but either way it would be a stupid move.

Welcome?

245926[/snapback]

It was meant to be sacrastic considering I asked a specific question, you provided no answer to the question and then called the post stupid. Id still like an answer to the question from someone and I hope this time I can get an answer and maybe we can save the sarcastic crap thats meant for Yahoo boards.

It was meant to be sacrastic considering I asked a specific question, you provided no answer to the question and then called the post stupid. Id still like an answer to the question from someone and I hope this time I can get an answer and maybe we can save the sarcastic crap thats meant for Yahoo boards.

245929[/snapback]

Dude, relax and take some reading comprehension courses. I didn't call the post stupid, I said it would be stupid if the Bills did a deal like that.

You want sarcasm, try this and get the answer.

245905[/snapback]

As I recall, it is up to the teams involved to work that out.

Say the Jets have franchised DE Abraham. If the Bills offer him $20M/year (let's just go with this hypothetically to show something), the Jets can either match that offer or negotiate to their satisfation w/ two first rounders being the maximum. Sometimes it is just one 1st. I think the Pats did this w/ the Jets in their multiple incestuous player and coach dealings (Curtis Martin, Belichick compensation) and the 1st round picks were spread over two years.

245929[/snapback]

It has to be a current year #1 and the following year's #1.

It really couldn't require two #1's from the same year...

Otherwise, only the NewenGland Patsies would ever be able to do it! <_<

As I recall, it is up to the teams involved to work that out.

Say the Jets have franchised DE Abraham. If the Bills offer him $20M/year (let's just go with this hypothetically to show something), the Jets can either match that offer or negotiate to their satisfation w/ two first rounders being the maximum. Sometimes it is just one 1st. I think the Pats did this w/ the Jets in their multiple incestuous player and coach dealings (Curtis Martin, Belichick compensation) and the 1st round picks were spread over two years.

245949[/snapback]

yah, given this situation, if we offered abraham the contract, and the jets refused to negotiate or match the offer, abraham can sign with us, and we now owe the jets 2 first round draft picks (our next 2 i believe)...

Don't know the answer but either way it would be a stupid move.

245906[/snapback]

Depends on the player & the team's needs. Although he wasn't a franchised player, the Bills gave up 2 #1's plus a former #1 player to get Cornelius Bennett, and that move worked out very well. <_<