Belichick says "Brady is the GOAT"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again. Yes. Montana gets a point from you for the two conference championship games he lost, rather than had he won them and then lost in the Super Bowl. Once again, you add the accolades. Super Bowl victories count for a lot. Super Bowl appearances count for something too. They are not a detriment. Can Newton is not a worse all time QB now than he would have been had he lost in the NFC championship game. He gets a point for playing in the Super Bowl. This is really the dumbest argument on TBD and I can't help but the thing you guys do it just because it's Brady.

The irony of the "count the rings, bro!" crowd never ceases to amaze me, considering we mythologise the only team to lose four super bowls in a row.

current greatest of all time:

# 1 - Montana

# 2 - Brady

# 3 - Otto Graham

# 4 - Dan Marino

# 5 - Johnny Unitas

# 6 - John Elway

# 7 - Peyton Manning

# 8 - Brett Favre

# 9 - Roger Staubach

#10 - Jim Kelly

I know they ain't on the list but I'd roll with Big Ben and Kurt Warner vs any of these guys. Edited by Ryan L Billz

# 1 - Montana

# 2 - Brady

# 3 - Otto Graham

# 4 - Dan Marino

# 5 - Johnny Unitas

# 6 - John Elway

# 7 - Peyton Manning

# 8 - Brett Favre

# 9 - Roger Staubach

#10 - Jim Kelly

Steve Young.

# 1 - Montana

# 2 - Brady

# 3 - Otto Graham

# 4 - Dan Marino

# 5 - Johnny Unitas

# 6 - John Elway

# 7 - Peyton Manning

# 8 - Brett Favre

# 9 - Roger Staubach

#10 - Jim Kelly

Marino above Unitas, Favre, and Manning?

That's gotta be a typo

# 1 - Montana

# 2 - Brady

# 3 - Otto Graham

# 4 - Dan Marino

# 5 - Johnny Unitas

# 6 - John Elway

# 7 - Peyton Manning

# 8 - Brett Favre

# 9 - Roger Staubach

#10 - Jim Kelly

Steve Young.

Over Jim Kelly. Yes.

It's gotta be some mixture of Montana and Brady. Brady gets the benefit of extra protection from the rules re: protecting QBs as the chosen ones in life the universe and everything. Personally, when I think of Tom I always think of #2.

He didn't lose the 2nd NFCCG (1990). He got knocked out before it was over and the team still had the lead and was ready to win it until Roger Craig fumbled the ball.

As for Brady, he's an excellent QB. But the cheating knocks him down. Sorry.

That's a fair argument. But 4 Super Bowl wins/4 Conference Championships being greater than 4 Super Bowl wins/6 Conference Championships simply doesn't hold up.

# 1 - Montana

# 2 - Brady

# 3 - Otto Graham

# 4 - Dan Marino

# 5 - Johnny Unitas

# 6 - John Elway

# 7 - Peyton Manning

# 8 - Brett Favre

# 9 - Roger Staubach

#10 - Jim Kelly

Oh God.

For one, let's just do merger-present, OK? How you are able to contrast Otto Graham with Dan Marino is beyond me.

Second of all, come on with Jim Kelly. Bradshaw, Aikman, Young, Rodgers, Roethlisberger and Brees are all ahead of Kelly as all-time QB's. I have Brady 1, Montana 2, Manning distant 3... another huge gap... and then Favre/Elway/Marino 4/5/6 and you could put those 3 in just about any order.

Montana, Unitas, Manning, and Brady are the guys in the discussion for me.

That is correct.

I know they ain't on the list but I'd roll with Big Ben and Kurt Warner vs any of these guys.

Maybe in his 2-3 year prime but as an all-time QB? Come on. Two different conversations.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

To those who think that 4-0 in Super Bowls is better than 4-2, you are NECESSARILY saying that the best thing that a QB can do in a given year is win the Super Bowl, the second best thing he can do is not participate in the Super Bowl and the WORST thing he can do is play in but lose a Super Bowl. So for instance, Carson Palmer accomplished more for his legacy this year than Cam Newton- who tarnished his legacy- by losing in the NFC Championship game. And by that token, Jim Kelly is the most unaccomplished QB in NFL history and should have 4 giant marks against him and ranked behind QB's who never even made a Super Bowl. You can't have it both ways. This is what you are saying.

Edited by metzelaars_lives