Looking for Sabres "In" Please

Gugny

First off - this is not a joke.

A lifelong friend of mine's son was paralyzed from the waist, down, in January following a fall from a roof in Baltimore.

Otto Miller was due to begin college at University of Maryland-Baltimore County. He was there on a hockey scholarship. There was a big snowstorm. He and his new friends/teammates were shoveling snow off of a roof when Otto fell. He broke his back and his neck. His spinal cord was severed below the chest. Barring a miracle or medical breakthrough, Otto will never walk again. He's 18.

He has full use of his arms and neck. He's currently going through rehab and learning his new way of life at the Shepherd Center Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Rehabilitation Facility in Atlanta.

He's a great kid and comes from a great family. His parents, Eddie and Sarah, are truly wonderful people who've done an admiral job in raising a fine young man (as well as his younger brother, Ian, who is a year ahead of my son at school).

The community has rallied to raise over $40K and local construction companies are working together (for free) to convert their house into a home that will be wheelchair-accessible, etc.

Here are a couple links for local media coverage:

http://www.glensfallschronicle.com/no-woe-is-me-in-otto-miller/

http://cbs6albany.com/news/local/athlete-paralyzed-in-accident-community-rallies-support

My reason for bringing this up to this board is that I'm hoping that there may be a user(s) who have some sort of relationship with the Buffalo Sabres. Otto is an avid Sabres fan and I think it would be awesome for Otto to get a phone call or a letter, or anything, from one or more players on the team. I think it would be a great lift for him.

I'm not familiar with the Sabres arm of the site, but I'm pretty sure that users go back and forth between Bills and Sabres, here.

If there is anyone out there who may be able to facilitate any communication between the Sabres and Otto. please PM me. I will provide contact information.

Thank you for your help guys.

- Roger

First off - this is not a joke.

A lifelong friend of mine's son was paralyzed from the waist, down, in January following a fall from a roof in Baltimore.

Otto Miller was due to begin college at University of Maryland-Baltimore County. He was there on a hockey scholarship. There was a big snowstorm. He and his new friends/teammates were shoveling snow off of a roof when Otto fell. He broke his back and his neck. His spinal cord was severed below the chest. Barring a miracle or medical breakthrough, Otto will never walk again. He's 18.

He has full use of his arms and neck. He's currently going through rehab and learning his new way of life at the Shepherd Center Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Rehabilitation Facility in Atlanta.

He's a great kid and comes from a great family. His parents, Eddie and Sarah, are truly wonderful people who've done an admiral job in raising a fine young man (as well as his younger brother, Ian, who is a year ahead of my son at school).

The community has rallied to raise over $40K and local construction companies are working together (for free) to convert their house into a home that will be wheelchair-accessible, etc.

Here are a couple links for local media coverage:

http://www.glensfallschronicle.com/no-woe-is-me-in-otto-miller/

http://cbs6albany.com/news/local/athlete-paralyzed-in-accident-community-rallies-support

My reason for bringing this up to this board is that I'm hoping that there may be a user(s) who have some sort of relationship with the Buffalo Sabres. Otto is an avid Sabres fan and I think it would be awesome for Otto to get a phone call or a letter, or anything, from one or more players on the team. I think it would be a great lift for him.

I'm not familiar with the Sabres arm of the site, but I'm pretty sure that users go back and forth between Bills and Sabres, here.

If there is anyone out there who may be able to facilitate any communication between the Sabres and Otto. please PM me. I will provide contact information.

Thank you for your help guys.

- Roger

there is a Sabres Foundation , look on the website. I am sure they will be glad to help and get involved.

All the best to Otto

Thank you, guys.

What I'm really hoping for is someone like a "Jay" who's got someone they can call, rather than going through the "normal motions."

I'm sure there are hundreds of people using the public means of contacting them. I'm trying to circumvent that for expediency purposes.

I'm sorry if that sounds selfish and perhaps it is. I'm just thinking about my friends.

Thanks, again.

Thank you, guys.

What I'm really hoping for is someone like a "Jay" who's got someone they can call, rather than going through the "normal motions."

I'm sure there are hundreds of people using the public means of contacting them. I'm trying to circumvent that for expediency purposes.

I'm sorry if that sounds selfish and perhaps it is. I'm just thinking about my friends.

Thanks, again.

Gug, here is a name and number from the the website that runs the foundation. Can never hurt to pick up the phone and call...i would send via email a few of the links first, explain what is going in bulleted format..follow up with a call an hour after you send.

Rich Jureller (716) 855-4703