2016 NFL Scouting Combine

YoloinOhio

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea why people are enamored with small line backers running good 40 times. Lee weighs what 230?

yes, 232

I though josh perry's time of 2.68 at 6'4 254 was more surprising, but Lee is explosive all around (11'1 broad jump). He ran faster than all but I think 2 WRs this year, most of which are well below 232, and faster than Zeke Elliott, who is in the 220s.

Edited by YoloinOhio

No idea why people are enamored with small line backers running good 40 times. Lee weighs what 230?

I'm not enamored with him for running a 40 time but it furthers my point of being a versatile LB who can play safety. A small LB who has shown that he can effectively cover RBs, TEs, and even slot WRs. A guy who can be physical on the perimeter, blitz off the edge and can play multiple positions in a scheme known for its complexity and player versatility. Hope that answers your question

I'm not enamored with him for running a 40 time but it furthers my point of being a versatile LB who can play safety. A small LB who has shown that he can effectively cover RBs, TEs, and even slot WRs. A guy who can be physical on the perimeter, blitz off the edge and can play multiple positions in a scheme known for its complexity and player versatility. Hope that answers your question

Yeah he offers something different than guys like Brown and Bradham but his combine numbers are going to be overvalued. Lee, Floyd, remind me of guys like Mingo. Elite athletes that are going to do some amazing things physically. See also Marquise Goodwin. Combine heros.

No way I'm jumping Lee up into our range in round one like Mayock and company are spouting off. He is the same player as he was just last week. Smallish LB who will be asset in space and a liability any time he is caught inside. At 19 take one of the stud Dline players that will be left.

yes, 232

I though josh perry's time of 2.68 at 6'4 254 was more surprising, but Lee is explosive all around (11'1 broad jump). He ran faster than all but I think 2 WRs this year, most of which are well below 232, and faster than Zeke Elliott, who is in the 220s.

He is explosive I just see him struggling to say healthy at the next level, if he adds 20 lbs of pump his explosion is going to be affected. As you listed Perry, that is a great example of height and weight being in proportion with his numbers. Perry to me offers more draft value than a guy like Lee who will be over drafted.

Yeah he offers something different than guys like Brown and Bradham but his combine numbers are going to be overvalued. Lee, Floyd, remind me of guys like Mingo. Elite athletes that are going to do some amazing things physically. See also Marquise Goodwin. Combine heros.

No way I'm jumping Lee up into our range in round one like Mayock and company are spouting off. He is the same player as he was just last week. Smallish LB who will be asset in space and a liability any time he is caught inside. At 19 take one of the stud Dline players that will be left.

He is explosive I just see him struggling to say healthy at the next level, if he adds 20 lbs of pump his explosion is going to be affected. As you listed Perry, that is a great example of height and weight being in proportion with his numbers. Perry to me offers more draft value than a guy like Lee who will be over drafted.

i want to lay money on Perry going to the Pats in the 2nd or 3rd. His roommate just started working for the Pats as a scout. And Perry just looks like a Pats LB to me. Edited by YoloinOhio

i think could be second or third round if he lasts. Since they don't have a 1st, they might go OL or WR in 2nd. I love that they don't have a 1st.

Yeah I live in Boston I love it as much as anyone could... They are still whining about losing the picks. Waiting that long to pick in a draft like this must really suck, the locals want to trade Chandler Jones for the 30th pick or whatever.

I hope we go DL in the first then just follow the value through the rest of the draft. As Whaley said we really can draft any position and that should help. Perhaps we can draft a player or two outside of the ACC lol.

List of combine participants that tested "in the red", which is old-school scout-talk for when a guy's bench press reps, inches of vertical jump, and feet of broad jump distance add up to 70 or above (it's supposed to measure the guys that have elite-level explosiveness):

Daniel Lasco - RB/Cal (75.3)

Andy Janovich - FB/Nebraska (73.9)

Dan Vitale - FB/Northwestern (78.8)

Sterling Shepard - WR/Oklahoma (71.3)

Connor McGovern - OL/Missouri (75.1)

Jason Spriggs - OL/Indiana (72.1)

Noah Spence - EDGE/E. Kentucky (70.1)

Matt Judon - EDGE/Grand Valley State (74.1)

Dean Lowry - EDGE/Northwestern (72.0)

Yannik Ngakoue - EDGE/Maryland (70.3)

Robert Nkemdiche - DL/Ole Miss (72.67)

Sheldon Rankins - DT/Louisville (72.33)

B.J. Goodson - LB/Clemson (74.3)

Miles Killebrew - S/Southern Utah (70.6)

Also, some very noteworthy 10-yard-splits:

Sterling Shepard (again) - 1.55

Will Fuller - 1.52

Emmanuel Ogbah - 1.59 (that's WR speed for a 273-lb guy)

Noah Spence (again) - 1.62

Shaq Lawson - 1.64

Kenny Clark - 1.72 (sick for a nose tackle)

Darron Lee - 1.55

Leonard Floyd - 1.60

Jalen Ramsey - 1.52

Williams Jackson III - 1.52