Who makes the playoffs first?

CommonCents

EJ was simply AWFUL that day...I was there too, and saw our defense getting more and more deflated with each of EJ's turnovers, and three-and-outs... We lost that day because of EJ... Jax is just a few peices away from blowing things open in that trash division... If we do outstanding this draft (QB, WR, DE) we have a chance in 2018, But I really don't see us playing in January of 2017.

Our defense sucked from the start. EJ was a huge part of the loss that day but our defense was awful... not just once it started going wrong but throughout. We couldn't stop Yeldon all day and we weren't covering any receivers underneath.

My point to Metz is not to say we didn't kose cos of EJ but to say we simply cannot know what would have happened with Tyrod. Maybe we score on our first 6 possessions, maybe Tyrod plays like he did against Tennessee where for 3 quarters he did nothing? Just too many variables to say in any game "swap player a for player y abd we definitely win".

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is option C? I think Jags are getting better, but it won't be easy for them. They have a really young team without vet leaders. Certainly possible they can make it before Bills.

Option C is the Browns. How about those choices?

I'd say the Jaguars. They may do it only at a 9-7 record. Think about it. The Colts look talent depleted, and unless they have a great draft have many flaws. I love Luck, but he had an injury prone year. The Texans still don't have a QB, and I don't see hardly anyone in the draft. The Jaguars are getting their first round pick from last year back as he was hurt in camp. They now have a few years in Bradley's system, and Khan did the right thing in showing restraint. Remember people thought the Bengals ownership was nuts 10 years ago, but the Bengals have been to the playoffs 5 years in a row.

Our Bills will be lucky to be 5-11 to maybe 6-10. That defense will not improve, they never bought in, and the schedule is infinitely harder this year. We played the worst two divisions last year in the NFCE & AFCS. This year we get the pleasure of the NFCW & AFCN. Then we probably fire the Ryan's and start all over again. Bleak picture right.

Jax have over $74M in cap space, that can fill some holes.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

Maybe they'll take Mario.

The Bills or Jaguars? Sounds simple right? Then pull up a Jaguars depth chart and look at the young talent they have drafted on offense. Bortles is surrounded by weapons. Their offensive line has a mix of young talent and savvy vets.

On defense they have some bright young players in Telvin Smith, Dante Fowler Jr and company. They also are sitting on the 5th pick in the draft and poised to take a lockdown corner. Add into that equation having 70 million to spend in FA and playing in the AFC South.

Compare that to our current cap situation and holes creates by revamping our defense.... Is it a toss up? Being in the East is such a pitfall.

Can we throw the Brown's into the mix too? Then it's an easy call - Bills.....the Browns make me thrilled to be a Bills fan....

Option C is the Browns. How about those choices?

I'd say the Jaguars. They may do it only at a 9-7 record. Think about it. The Colts look talent depleted, and unless they have a great draft have many flaws. I love Luck, but he had an injury prone year. The Texans still don't have a QB, and I don't see hardly anyone in the draft. The Jaguars are getting their first round pick from last year back as he was hurt in camp. They now have a few years in Bradley's system, and Khan did the right thing in showing restraint. Remember people thought the Bengals ownership was nuts 10 years ago, but the Bengals have been to the playoffs 5 years in a row.

Our Bills will be lucky to be 5-11 to maybe 6-10. That defense will not improve, they never bought in, and the schedule is infinitely harder this year. We played the worst two divisions last year in the NFCE & AFCS. This year we get the pleasure of the NFCW & AFCN. Then we probably fire the Ryan's and start all over again. Bleak picture right.

Maybe they'll take Mario.

If the defense doesnt improve I hope the bolded comes true. IND will be better with a healthy Luck and a good FA and draft, Texans are good enough to beat the jags twice and theres a couple decent game manager type QBs in FA like Bradford, Chase Daniel, Aj Mcaronne from the Bengles if they can work out a trade or they take a shot in the dark on RG3. so yes the jags are in the weakest divison but I dont see them making the playoffs before us in the next 3 years. AFTER THAT its a toss up.