History Repeats Itself -- and it's confusing

Vinaccia

The connection eludes you? Or do you remain obstinate on the matter of why Mario wasn't removed from the lineup?

oh my god the logic, how was i so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---The Bills defense was riddled with injury.

therefore...

---Mario played poorly.

therefore...

---Rex Ryan was too pussyfoot to remove Mario from the field.

therefore..

---injuries are the reason Mario underperformed!

Go stay at a Holiday Inn Express, your logic needs help.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're talking about Mario.

Obviously. When you should be talking about Rex and his failed defense. It starts at the top and try as you guys might, you can't get around that. When you have several leaders complaining about the defensive scheme not fitting their strengths, there's a problem there. Especially when Rex's defenses have been 19th or worse in PPG his last 4 years with the Jets.

oh my god the logic, how was i so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---The Bills defense was riddled with injury.

therefore...

---Mario played poorly.

therefore...

---Rex Ryan was too pussyfoot to remove Mario from the field.

therefore..

---injuries are the reason Mario underperformed!

Go stay at a Holiday Inn Express, your logic needs help.

:huh:

Well that's an insanely inaccurate oversimplification, but whatever helps make your point, I guess.

we have to start small with you on this logic.

simplyfying the issues this time may help you realize you're illogical, wrong and stubborn and ignorant as mule

Obviously. When you should be talking about Rex and his failed defense. It starts at the top and try as you guys might, you can't get around that. When you have several leaders complaining about the defensive scheme not fitting their strengths, there's a problem there. Especially when Rex's defenses have been 19th or worse in PPG his last 4 years with the Jets.

Then you should be thrilled that Thurman is no longer coordinating.

:huh:

that was your point. the injuries to the defense are the reason that rex had mario playing.

or were you trying to make a strawman successfully? because i want to see you keep trying.

mario's impact and underperformance on this team had absolutely nothign to do with ryans coaching mario williams.

that was your point. the injuries to the defense are the reason that rex had mario playing.

or were you trying to make a strawman successfully? because i want to see you keep trying.

mario's impact and underperformance on this team had absolutely nothign to do with ryans coaching mario williams.

strawman? want to show me anywhere that anyone said that rex had absolutely nothing to do with mario?

Ha, okay, :lol:

seriously, what does injuries have to do with anythign about mario williams?

are there not other DE's out there? Is mario williams the only defensive end in the world that will play in buffalo on the right side?

seriously, what does injuries have to do with anythign about mario williams?

are there not other DE's out there? Is mario williams the only defensive end in the world that will play in buffalo on the right side?

which available de's would you have preferred they sign?

Marrone was a much better HC than Rex.

Um. no.

Rex sucks. Marrone sucked and was a complete douche to everyone. He has no ability to be a long term head coach in the NFL and the 119 teams that have interviewed him since have voted with their feet.

Rex has a hard time adjusting for his shortcomings which have to do with being too excitable and too married to his outdated system. Marrone has a hard time realizing it is possible he could have shortcomings in the first place. Shortcomings are for everyone else. Not Saint Doug.

Is every Free Agent DE injured as well?

Bro, it wasn't clever the first two times you posted it, either.

Um. no.

Rex sucks. Marrone sucked and was a complete douche to everyone. He has no ability to be a long term head coach in the NFL and the 119 teams that have interviewed him since have voted with their feet.

Rex has a hard time adjusting for his shortcomings which have to do with being too excitable and too married to his outdated system. Marrone has a hard time realizing it is possible he could have shortcomings in the first place. Shortcomings are for everyone else. Not Saint Doug.

I agree with this.

I don't think Rex's system is "outdated" though.

Um. no.

I think you're lost.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/175050-doug-marrones-diary/

There you go, back to fantasy land.

Bro, it wasn't clever the first two times you posted it, either.

I agree with this.

I don't think Rex's system is "outdated" though.

I'm not saying it's clever. It's the gaping flaw in your silly argument that the Bills were too hurt to yank Mario.

I think the point was that Mario Williams should have been a grown up who made more than anyone else on the team, and do his job even if it doesn't suit his style. No one argues the defense was worse than last year. People argue that like Dareus, or Hughes, Mario should have put full effort in. How anyone can say he did, or that it's Rex's fault he didn't, or even worse it's Rex's fault he didn't pull Mario for not doing it, is ridiculous. That is why they will use Mario Williams as a scapegoat, because he actively didn't try. Maybe he got wind they were going to cut him, who knows, but he should have done his job to his full potential.

Edited by What a Tuel

Well that's an insanely inaccurate oversimplification, but whatever helps make your point, I guess.

What is inaccurate? That NE was waltzing all over us in game 2 because Rex did not properly use his defensive talent? Did I miss something? Did we win that game? Did hold Brady under 450 yards passing? Um. Nope.

strawman? want to show me anywhere that anyone said that rex had absolutely nothing to do with mario?

yes, your issue saying we are talking about mario williams.

this topic is not about mario williams. it's about rex ryan. as part of the issue many have with rex ryan is that he could not coach this team in 2015. that he continued to play a player that was widely known as slacking. when called out on it he said he knows nothing on it - he never heard of it before. the coach who is as verbose as any teenager on twitter expressing their feelings and emotions - - well, ryan clammed up. not even eluding to it. isntead we watched him posture to to cameras and pretend all is well. i am sure while many ridiculed mario there were many ridiculing rex and will keep that in their mind next year when things get tough - they will get tough. rex ryan is a circus show. you see, next year coaches will still have questions about why rex lets lazy players play.

we question rex, players question rex. when will rex have to answer for himself? he won't. his smug mug will sit there in a clemson jersey, with a foam #1 sabres finger and drive around in his retreating buffalo truck.

What is inaccurate? That NE was waltzing all over us in game 2 because Rex did not properly use his defensive talent? Did I miss something? Did we win that game? Did hold Brady under 450 yards passing? Um. Nope.

The latter part of your point is where you started to make some curious assertions.

yes, your issue saying we are talking about mario williams.

this topic is not about mario williams. it's about rex ryan. as part of the issue many have with rex ryan is that he could not coach this team in 2015. that he continued to play a player that was widely known as slacking. when called out on it he said he knows nothing on it - he never heard of it before. the coach who is as verbose as any teenager on twitter expressing their feelings and emotions - - well, ryan clammed up. not even eluding to it. isntead we watched him posture to to cameras and pretend all is well. i am sure while many ridiculed mario there were many ridiculing rex and will keep that in their mind next year when things get tough - they will get tough. rex ryan is a circus show. you see, next year coaches will still have questions about why rex lets lazy players play.

we question rex, players question rex. when will rex have to answer for himself? he won't. his smug mug will sit there in a clemson jersey, with a foam #1 sabres finger and drive around in his retreating buffalo truck.

Okay, :lol: