Did we overlook these comments by Dareus?

on Greg Williams.. I may have posted at the time of his hiring, that he began his pro career cutting tape for Oilers' staff under Pardee - which include DC Buddy Ryan and assistant Jeff Fischer.. this is where he became enamored with aspects of the 46 D and later - as Oiler DC under Fischer - credited his safety, Rolles, for making it work.. just sayin.

I've already posted why Rex is doing what he's doing and why, so some of you can understand the rationale in fixing what ain't broke. I'm certain Rex thought this collection of talent could execute his D - and improve it.

I'm just surprised that he misread the unit's ability to implement his D, so badly. all he had to do was fix the O, but his passion for coaching defenses had to be fed.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I actually can take it and dont care what people think of my postings

but I am pretty sure that calling someone out specifically on this forum is against TOS......yet is getting overlooked by the mods?

You've been guilty of it too. Stones and glass houses. Edited by joesixpack

Agreed...I was right there too...As completely naive as it may have been I honestly thought Rex would sell Schwartz on coming back when he was hired...

I have to say though that the minute I heard Schwartz would not return i was a bit concerned...But even then, like you, I thought there was no way Rex could screw it up as bad as he did...The thought never crossed my mind...Until week #2 that is...Then the thought hit me like a sledgehammer to the temple... B-)

yep. that still leaves a ringing in my ears

Edited by 3rdand12