Bills need to lose to make the playoffs

bisonbrigade

If you are Sammy, Tyrod, Hughes, Darby or anyone else on the team and a division opponent just punked you in your own building to take the very thing you have been playing for all this year it won't have any impact on how you would pre pare for 2016? It would piss you off and you would train and prepare just a little bit more.

If you are Sammy, Tyrod, Hughes, Darby or anyone else on the team and a division opponent just punked you in your own building to take the very thing you have been playing for all this year it won't have any impact on how you would pre pare for 2016? It would piss you off and you would train and prepare just a little bit more.

Once off-season workouts start it's doubtful many will even remember this game

you really think any of these guys actually care if the Jets make it into the playoffs after beating them? The majority of these guys don't really care about the rivalries the fans do and only bleed red and blue as long as the paychecks are deposited. Half of these guys probably won't be here next year so win or lose, it's no big deal. How many chances have the Bills had to play spoiler the last 16 years, and how has beating a team helped them the next year?

There's no momentum being carried over to next year because the turnover in the off-season will have a good chunk of the starters playing somewhere else.

I agree that fans care more about rivalries than players. There are exceptions, but those are usually between teams that are in fights for playoff spots and/or meet in the playoffs year after year - Steelers v. Ravens is a good example. The Bills need to be more relevant for that to develop.

Turning into a team that wins meaningful December games starts by winning meaningful December games whenever presented with the opportunity. We play a game that matters against a hated rival, I would like us to take a step closer to being a team that wins those, and no amount of humiliation motivation or draft order hopes will make me believe that the best thing for this franchise is anything other than beating the Jets.