Something wicked this way comes...

Lenigmusx

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No thank you to firing the coach after one year- that is example one of how crappy franchises run. Going to take some time to get this working right...sorry... but that's that.

yeah,much better to waste a couple more seasons thinking he can turn this mess he created around then just admitting it was a mistake and move on before it becomes an even bigger mess.

This isn't a situation where there were only a few growing pains that led to the Bills taking a small step back. The front office can right the wrong and bite the bullet by dumping him now and moving on

No thank you to firing the coach after one year- that is example one of how crappy franchises run. Going to take some time to get this working right...sorry... but that's that.

Agreed, just ask A browns fan how good that works.

I asked this in another chain and got no substantial answer.

Exactly what were the reasons given by those in the know of why Schwartz failed as head coach? I did not follow his old team.

If he showed an ability to adapt his schemes to the strengths of the players available rather than trying to rebuild the team or put square pegs in round holes, was able to instill discipline in his players, provided real leadership, had an ability to adapt his schemes rapidly during games according to the actions of his opponents, and was not an egomaniac who put himself above the needs and success of the team, I would say he would be a major step up from Rex.

Yes, he has made it clear he would not come back as a DC, but he WANTS another chance as HC, wherever.

I believe Matt Millon was the GM during at least part of Schwartz's tenure.......

What is puzzling to me is we had heard since week 2 that communication has been an issue. Not that players don't deserve time off but a few times during the season they had around or more than a week off. Fast forward to week 15 we have players still saying communication is bad. That is inexcusable for a head coach not correct this.

Yep!! Rex is is scared to push his players. Whatever the reason that is....is bad coaching!!

Firing a coach after one year I would usually say is bad. But, manage the rule and not the exception. The exception is new ownership. Don't throw good money after bad and waste anymore time!!

Here's a question. Is Rex able to change? He must realize his approach with the players doesn't yield the results they should. Can ownership tell him no more buddy buddy with the players? After a 15 penalty game, not to stand at the podium and slam your fist and talk about how damn proud you are of your guys. That would be the only way IMO, that this would work. If Rex changed his style of coaching, instead of running camp Rex and took a more hard nosed approach to the players.