Walk like a Putin

If true, what a way to check out:

Russian Special Forces Officer Killed near Palmyra

""The officer was carrying out a combat task in area for a week, identifying crucial IS targets and passing exact coordinates for strikes with Russian planes," he said.

"The officer died as a hero, he drew fire onto himself after being located and surrounded by terrorists,"

Calling in an airstrike on yourself to kill as many of the !@#$kers hunting you as possible... :beer: RIP Mr. Bad ass Spetsnaz.

http://news.yahoo.com/russian-military-says-special-forces-officer-killed-near-195616224.html

Don't know if it's true...but it wouldn't surprise me. Spetsnaz don't !@#$ around.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what CIA offered Russia...

"It wasn't clear why Brennan visited Moscow, but the trip appears to have coincided with President Vladimir Putin's surprise March 14 announcement that Russia's combat operation in Syria was ending, and Moscow would soon withdraw a portion of its forces from the country after conducting 167 air strikes."

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/news/article/cia-director-brennan-made-secret-trip-to-moscow/563906.html

I wonder what CIA offered Russia...

"It wasn't clear why Brennan visited Moscow, but the trip appears to have coincided with President Vladimir Putin's surprise March 14 announcement that Russia's combat operation in Syria was ending, and Moscow would soon withdraw a portion of its forces from the country after conducting 167 air strikes."

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/news/article/cia-director-brennan-made-secret-trip-to-moscow/563906.html

A weekend up north with Carrie Mathison?

Kommersant newspaper reported on Monday that the “marketing effect” from the Syrian campaign could lead to contracts worth $6bn-$7bn, quoting sources in the Russian government, military and arms export structures. Algeria, Indonesia, Vietnam and even Pakistan, which has long purchased military aircraft from China and the US, intend to buy Sukhoi fighter and bomber jets, it reported.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/29/russias-campaign-in-syria-leads-to-arms-sale-windfall

MASKIROVKA: Russia, despite draw down, shipping more to Syria than removing.

It is not known what the ships were carrying or how much equipment has been flown out in giant cargo planes accompanying returning war planes.

But the movements – while only a partial snapshot – s
uggest Russia is working intensively to maintain its military infrastructure in Syria and to supply the Syrian army so that it can scale up again swiftly if need be.

Putin has not detailed what would prompt such a move, but any perceived threat to Russia’s bases in Syria or any sign that President Bashar al-Assad, Moscow’s closest Middle East ally, was in peril would be likely to trigger a powerful return.

Vladimir Putin seems to be handling his withdrawal from Syria with much more wisdom and foresight than President Obama showed when he scuttled our Status of Forces Agreement with Iraq in 2011.

MASKIROVKA: Russia, despite draw down, shipping more to Syria than removing.

It is not known what the ships were carrying or how much equipment has been flown out in giant cargo planes accompanying returning war planes.

But the movements – while only a partial snapshot – s
uggest Russia is working intensively to maintain its military infrastructure in Syria and to supply the Syrian army so that it can scale up again swiftly if need be.

Putin has not detailed what would prompt such a move, but any perceived threat to Russia’s bases in Syria or any sign that President Bashar al-Assad, Moscow’s closest Middle East ally, was in peril would be likely to trigger a powerful return.

Vladimir Putin seems to be handling his withdrawal from Syria with much more wisdom and foresight than President Obama showed when he scuttled our Status of Forces Agreement with Iraq in 2011.

Excellent use of the term "maskirovka."

"Mr. Obama needs to be straightforward about deploying more troops. 'It has not been transparent for the public'..."

"...Representative Mac Thornberry, the Texas Republican who leads the House Armed Services Committee, said in an interview, referring to the evolution of the military campaign.
'My view is that the president jumps through hoops because of his views of this politically.' Mr. Obama has not made a clear argument that giving the Pentagon freer rein can lead to greater success against ISIS. It seems inevitable that the next president will be dealing with this fight. Mr. Obama would do his successor a favor by being frank with the American people about the struggle and choices ahead."

The last 2 paragraphs of a NYT editorial titled "America Needs Frank Talk on ISIS."

"Mr. Obama needs to be straightforward about deploying more troops. 'It has not been transparent for the public'..."

"...Representative Mac Thornberry, the Texas Republican who leads the House Armed Services Committee, said in an interview, referring to the evolution of the military campaign.

'My view is that the president jumps through hoops because of his views of this politically.' Mr. Obama has not made a clear argument that giving the Pentagon freer rein can lead to greater success against ISIS. It seems inevitable that the next president will be dealing with this fight. Mr. Obama would do his successor a favor by being frank with the American people about the struggle and choices ahead."

The last 2 paragraphs of a NYT editorial titled "America Needs Frank Talk on ISIS."

Right wing blog /birddog

President Obama has cited Yemen as a “success story” for this White House’s counter-terrorism efforts in spite of plenty of evidence to the contrary. Obama has also in the past said that al-Qaeda is “on the run”

So how’s that going?

Special Report: Al Qaeda now openly rules a mini-state in Yemen. http://reut.rs/1S11IvK

Al Qaeda now runs a port city in Yemen. http://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/yemen-aqap/

‘Cold War is over’ update!

Josh Earnest says White House ‘concerned’ about Russian warplanes buzzing U.S. ship

http://twitchy.com/2016/04/13/cold-war-is-over-update-josh-earnest-says-wh-concerned-about-russian-warplanes-buzzing-u-s-ship/

8z9FImcv_normal.png The Associated Press

‎@AP

U.S. officials say Russian Su-24 attack planes buzzed a U.S. Navy destroyer in the Baltic Sea multiple times: http://apne.ws/1WrLDlR

Cf8JW44WQAA1Q_Y.jpg..........The 80's called.

Can we at least come up with a hashtag campaign ?

romney-three.jpg?w=394&h=291

‘Cold War is over’ update!

Josh Earnest says White House ‘concerned’ about Russian warplanes buzzing U.S. ship

http://twitchy.com/2016/04/13/cold-war-is-over-update-josh-earnest-says-wh-concerned-about-russian-warplanes-buzzing-u-s-ship/

8z9FImcv_normal.png The Associated Press

‎@AP

U.S. officials say Russian Su-24 attack planes buzzed a U.S. Navy destroyer in the Baltic Sea multiple times: http://apne.ws/1WrLDlR

Cf8JW44WQAA1Q_Y.jpg..........The 80's called.

Can we at least come up with a hashtag campaign ?

romney-three.jpg?w=394&h=291

Yeah but no one likes a know it all. That's why everyone hates Tom.

Shot: Chairman: Biggest Post-9/11 Intelligence Failure Was Misreading Putin.

Chaser: “Russian SU-24 bombers flew over the American destroyer Donald Cook at an altitude of less than 30 feet in what was described as a ‘simulated attack.’

The Daniel Cook was in international waters at the time.”

On September 11 of 2013, when Putin had a column in the New York Times(!) on America’s involvement in Syria, Iowahawk tweeted, “Putin now just basically doing donuts in Obama’s front yard.”

Today he’s rubbing it in further.

I know it's probably not the best thing to take from this story, but videos from the deck of the flyovers are pretty frickin' cool...

There's theories that this was more of a message to Poland more so than the US (there was a Polish helicopter training with the Cook at the time), but any chance it's more a response to this: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/04/09/us-air-force-deploys-b-52-bombers-in-middle-east-to-combat-islamic-state.html ?

Shot: Chairman: Biggest Post-9/11 Intelligence Failure Was Misreading Putin.

Chaser: “Russian SU-24 bombers flew over the American destroyer Donald Cook at an altitude of less than 30 feet in what was described as a ‘simulated attack.’

The Daniel Cook was in international waters at the time.”

On September 11 of 2013, when Putin had a column in the New York Times(!) on America’s involvement in Syria, Iowahawk tweeted, “Putin now just basically doing donuts in Obama’s front yard.”

Today he’s rubbing it in further.

I think Putin and our guy outta settle it in the ring like the 80's classic Frankie goes to Hollywood song. I would pay to see Putin kick Barrys ass all around the squared circle!

I know it's probably not the best thing to take from this story, but videos from the deck of the flyovers are pretty frickin' cool...

There's theories that this was more of a message to Poland more so than the US (there was a Polish helicopter training with the Cook at the time), but any chance it's more a response to this: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/04/09/us-air-force-deploys-b-52-bombers-in-middle-east-to-combat-islamic-state.html ?

What it is, is Russia sending a message that the Baltic (and particularly the Eastern Baltic, which as far as I can tell is where this happened) is there sphere of influence. The recklessness of the pilots aside (high-subsonic speeds, on the deck, 30 feet from the ship?) the Russian response isn't terribly different from what we'd do if the Marshall Ustinov were cruising in the Gulf of Mexico.

Which means that clearly I'm not a know it all.

It means you made one of the single dumbest posts to ever be made on the internet, and whenever you decide to give me any **** I can hold it over you.

It means you made one of the single dumbest posts to ever be made on the internet, and whenever you decide to give me any **** I can hold it over you.

Single dumbest post on the internet? I think the guy who can't even calculate his annual salary has that trophy.

Single dumbest post on the internet? I think the guy who can't even calculate his annual salary has that trophy.

"Does sound travel faster than light in space?" In a vacuum, where sound can't even travel at all, never mind "faster than light."

The guy who can't calculate his annual salary was simply wrong (and gloriously, after he compounded the error by insisting that everyone else was wrong and he was right.) You were so wrong you weren't even incorrect.

Your only defense - and it is a considerable defense - is that 1) after I called you an idiot, you didn't take the sadly common "double dumbass on you!" route, but instead reflected on my observation and introspectively asked yourself "Hey...maybe DC Tom's got a point, and should stop being an idiot..." and 2) took my criticism and your introspection to heart and mended your errant ways, thus limited yourself to only one spectacular error and didn't make an entire !@#$ing career out of it like some we know.