Spotrac Manage Roster Tool - 2016 Bills Salary Cap

thebandit27

None of us know how that scenario is going to play out just yet. I don't think it is a given that is enough to get it done.

Unless the plan is to structure both Glenn and Incognito's contracts in a front-loaded fashion, then simply cutting Mario--which saves $12.9M--is enough to fit both of their contracts under the cap. It's not far-fetched at all to imagine Glenn's deal having a $9M first year cap hit and Richie's having a $4M hit.

And again, the Bills' situation doesn't come close to some of the recent incidents of "cap hell" that we've seen.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're doubling down on being a liar, a troll, or completely ignorant.

Got it. ;)

Truth is I've talked about all of those things, many times, several times with you. You continue to ignore this because your agenda is to troll, lie, and are desperate to be right above all else.

But your wrong. And a liar. And now everyone who bothers to read this thread knows it. I don't know about everyone else, but I'll take being a casual fan who understands what it is they're talking about over being someone who is a liar, a troll, and completely and entirely wrong.

I'm the only one on this forum that would take into the account of the ramifications of a salary restructure. I'm the only that understands the implications of a accelerated salary inflation because of the rising cap every year. I'm the only one that takes into account present and future implications of signing, releasing and restructuring contracts.

You have a very simplistic, myopic view of how the cap actually works.

I'm the only one on this forum that would take into the account of the ramifications of a salary restructure. I'm the only that understands the implications of a accelerated salary inflation because of the rising cap every year. I'm the only one that takes into account present and future implications of signing, releasing and restructuring contracts.

You have a very simplistic, myopic view of how the cap actually works.

None of what you just wrote is true. You're not the "only one". We will add narcissistic tendencies to your resume:

A liar

A troll

A narcissist

You're on a roll. :lol:

Unless the plan is to structure both Glenn and Incognito's contracts in a front-loaded fashion, then simply cutting Mario--which saves $12.9M--is enough to fit both of their contracts under the cap. It's not far-fetched at all to imagine Glenn's deal having a $9M first year cap hit and Richie's having a $4M hit.

And again, the Bills' situation doesn't come close to some of the recent incidents of "cap hell" that we've seen.

Exactly. He's wrong. He is too dishonest to stick to his true issue with the team. It's not the cap. It's Whaley. If he were honest about this he could probably make some good points because that's a defensible position to take. Saying the Bills are in cap hell is not.

He'd know this of course if he understood things as clearly as he thinks he does.

He'd know this of course if he understood things as clearly as he thinks he does.

Yes, I understand it very clearly. Back loading Glenn and Incognito is not without consequences and it will become a vicious cycle when you have a pending franchise QB, franchise CB next year and your franchise WR a little further down under that same stretch. It is not without trade-offs, which you clearly do not take into account when you discuss the salary cap. This is what happens when you reach cap hell. It becomes an NFL version of a ponzi-scheme.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Yes, I understand it very clearly. Back loading Glenn and Incognito is not without consequences and it will become a vicious cycle when you have a pending franchise QB, franchise CB next year and your franchise WR a little further down under that same stretch. It is not without trade-offs, which you clearly do not take into account when you discuss the salary cap. This is what happens when you reach cap hell. It becomes an NFL version of a ponzi-scheme.

Still incorrect and presumptuous. :lol:

Actually, the only things that gets back-loaded in NFL contracts are base salaries and roster bonuses. The only possible downside to back-loading contracts is injury that causes the player to miss chunks of time early in the deal.

Once the deal hits the break-point, then the decision becomes simple: extend the contract or cut the player.

release Mario, boobie, carpenter. Extend Gilmore and Wood- lessening their cap hit this year. Restructure Leodis, Felton, and Kyle- if they don't agree, release them. Tag Cordy, and negotiate long term, deal. Sign Cog 4 year deal

Actually, the only things that gets back-loaded in NFL contracts are base salaries and roster bonuses. The only possible downside to back-loading contracts is injury that causes the player to miss chunks of time early in the deal.

Once the deal hits the break-point, then the decision becomes simple: extend the contract or cut the player.

But, but, he's the only one who KNOWS how the cap works. He said so!

But, but, he's the only one who KNOWS how the cap works. He said so!

He wasn't actually discrediting what I was saying which was back loading will still cause a higher future cap hit and dead money when you have pending WR, QB and CB contracts that will need to fit in those same future years. You don't understand that because you don't understand the cap.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

He wasn't actually discrediting what I was saying which was back loading will still cause a higher future cap hit when you have pending WR, QB and CB contracts that will need to fit in those same future years. You don't understand that because you don't understand the cap.

Incorrect.

A liar

A troll

A narcissist

And presumptuous.

Quite the resume. :beer:

He wasn't actually discrediting what I was saying which was back loading will still cause a higher future cap hit when you have pending WR, QB and CB contracts that will need to fit in those same future years. You don't understand that because you don't understand the cap.

The art of managing the cap is that you address the contracts of your QB and WR in opposite fashion to the higher-paying ones.

For example, Sammy has 2016-2018 left on his deal. In 2017, you exercise his 2018 option. Then, you negotiate a new deal for him in 2017 (a la Dareus). Because 2017 will be the 2nd year of Glenn and Gilmore's deals, the cap hits will still be on the lower side, so you can inflate Sammy's cap hit a bit. You can then stagger the big-$ QB deal that we're all hoping we have to pay such that it has a low cap hit in year 1.

This is pretty commonplace stuff. The real way to manage the cap is to draft well. Keep an influx of talent such that you're prepared to promote from within when you eventually have to let one or two guys go to pay others.

Side note: As the thread-starter, I'd like to respectfully request that you two stop insulting each other so that we can stick to the topic.

The art of managing the cap is that you address the contracts of your QB and WR in opposite fashion to the higher-paying ones.

For example, Sammy has 2016-2018 left on his deal. In 2017, you exercise his 2018 option. Then, you negotiate a new deal for him in 2017 (a la Dareus). Because 2017 will be the 2nd year of Glenn and Gilmore's deals, the cap hits will still be on the lower side, so you can inflate Sammy's cap hit a bit. You can then stagger the big-$ QB deal that we're all hoping we have to pay such that it has a low cap hit in year 1.

This is pretty commonplace stuff. The real way to manage the cap is to draft well. Keep an influx of talent such that you're prepared to promote from within when you eventually have to let one or two guys go to pay others.

Side note: As the thread-starter, I'd like to respectfully request that you two stop insulting each other so that we can stick to the topic.

Amen to that! :thumbsup:

You only say this because you have been called out as a fraud about the salary cap and have no other recourse.

:lol:

No, sir. You said I've never discussed trade offs EVER. I showed two posts from just this week showing you're wrong. You've yet to admit to this, which shows you're a troll and a liar.

Your own hyperbole over the Bills cap situation has shown everyone who reads your drivel that you're out of your element. That you don't see this goes to show you're either incapable of having an honest conversation or unwilling to.

Either way, you're wrong. And a liar. And a troll. And a narcissist. Enjoy your day. :beer:

:lol:

No, sir. You said I've never discussed trade offs EVER. I showed two posts from just this week showing you're wrong. You've yet to admit to this, which shows you're a troll and a liar.

Your own hyperbole over the Bills cap situation has shown everyone who reads your drivel that you're out of your element. That you don't see this goes to show you're either incapable of having an honest conversation or unwilling to.

Either way, you're wrong. And a liar. And a troll. And a narcissist. Enjoy your day. :beer:

You still haven't shown me the posts that show this and it has been proven over the last week you are in way over head regarding the salary cap.