Sporting News: Tyrod Is Rex's Best Bills Deal

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, look at my avatar. I'm lampooning the anti-Tyrod folks.

Lol sorry bro. Im so used to defending TT on buf rumblings i tend to jump the gun now. Nice cracker jack comparison. That **** on point. Cant believe more fans arent as grateful to have tt back there instead of pik6 manuel or checkdown cassel. I blame it on them being traumatized by our last 6 QBs burning out in a season or 2. Which i dont see happenjng to tt, hes a rising star we need to nurture n develop the team around while also looking for another franchise qb in the next 2 drafts only if bpa.

He used 2-1st rounders but only gave up 1-1st for Sammy. And Sammy is every bit as good as OBJ. He just needs to be targeted more. As for not having a 2015 1st rounder setting them back, can't really say that unless you know who they would have taken and how he would have done. It's conceivable they'd have taken Darby there, and while considered a major reach at the time, would have proven to be worth the pick.

And Whaley is going nowhere even if they don't make the playoffs. He didn't hire Rex, whose defense has been a major disappointment and a reason they're not better than 6-6. OTOH Rex gets credit for pushing hard for TT, RI, and probably Darby. I hope he goes back to Schwartz' defense next year because overhauling everything to make it fit his isn't something I want to see done.

Agree times 10. If sammy had a semi-elite qb like eli throwing hkm the ball the past 2 seasons his number wud be equal or greater.

Not many personnel changes need to happen for the players to be ideal for Rex's system — we need a playmaking Safety and Linebacker. We would've needed those anyway.

True. I expect usto draft or sign some sstar level saftey and lbs is offseason

Funny, you haven't heard much from those guys this week. One guy in particular has vanished entirely.

Good. Hey metzelars i always ropted for u as a kid bro. Pretty cool ur on the forum. I hate fans that root against their own players. Smh. Jus hppe tt plays lights out this week. He really seems to be finding his groove wit wrs.

Edited by Marty McFly

I disagree because for whatever reason Ryan simply isn't blitzing as much this year as he has in the past. The 2014 NY Jets were #7 in sacks, QB pressures, and DT Sheldon Richardson lead those Jets with 8 sacks, Plus, this year Ryan's scheme is different, and Rex is asking his DT's to cover gap control, and be space eaters vs rushing the QB. Kinda why Marcel Dareus has been complaining about how he has been used in Ryan's system this year since training camp.

There is a real reason the 2015 Bills are near last in QB sacks, pressures, hit hurries, and not solely because of the players. Its more of the scheme they are being asked to run, and the lack of D line rotation. With the players it certainly was far easier for Mario Williams to line up outside the OT to get a direct line to the QB vs having to constantly deal with the OT, and whoever is helping chip.

#1 in the NFL in sacks 2014, #2 in the NFL in sacks 2013, and now 30th in 2015...wtf!

Ryan blitzed 50% of the time against the Patriots in their second game in NE, and it was so effective that Tom Brady was screaming at his offensive line. In that game Brady was pressured more (20 of 40 drop backs) then he has been the last seven years, and Mario, Kyle Williams, and Arron Williams were all absent from injuries. Not only that but the Bills D held the Patriots high scoring offense to a season low 20 points. This just shows that when Ryan wants to blitz he can easily do so, and be very successful at it. Why he isn't blitzing more is something that someone will need to ask him.

See that gives me faith in rex bc he noted that was the 1st game he fully ran his defense and the results was our best def game plan of the season. He needs to play more games like that and we can easily sneak into the wc round

I'm not sure there is one Bills fan on planet Earth that wanted Cassel to start.

There names are joe b and vic c. Dooshbags.

Edited by Marty McFly

I'm not sure there is one Bills fan on planet Earth that wanted Cassel to start.

now thats just silly, considering how much time you spend here. plenty of us played favorites.

wanted? for sure.

in retrospect, Cassel ..umm.. no

Do people know that they keep an archive of the rants that have gone on here (other than the obsessive rants that have been deleted)

WRT to planet earth. This from one of the people who wanted MC to be the backup. I'll leave it at that

Edited by NOVABillsFan

Lol sorry bro. Im so used to defending TT on buf rumblings i tend to jump the gun now. Nice cracker jack comparison. That **** on point. Cant believe more fans arent as grateful to have tt back there instead of pik6 manuel or checkdown cassel. I blame it on them being traumatized by our last 6 QBs burning out in a season or 2. Which i dont see happenjng to tt, hes a rising star we need to nurture n develop the team around while also looking for another franchise qb in the next 2 drafts only if bpa.

Agree times 10. If sammy had a semi-elite qb like eli throwing hkm the ball the past 2 seasons his number wud be equal or greater.

True. I expect us to draft or sign some sstar level saftey and lbs is offseason

Good. Hey metzelars i always ropted for u as a kid bro. Pretty cool ur on the forum. I hate fans that root against their own players. Smh. Jus hppe tt plays lights out this week. He really seems to be finding his groove wit wrs.

For some people the whole QB thing, much like the playoff drought, defines them as fans. It's a learned response to always doubt the team even though the Bills are a completely different organization from the owner down. We're so tuned to expect heartbreak we don't know progress when we see it. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Do people know that they keep an archive of the rants that have gone on here (other than the obsessive rants that have been deleted)

WRT to planet earth. This from one of the people who wanted MC to be the backup. I'll leave it at that

Always interesting to take notice of the "Before and After"

We had no idea what Tyrod might bring to the field. Only the coaches had a real feel for his potential.

all we knew, he held one hell of a clipboard !