2015 CFB Playoffs

/dev/null

Ok two days of the CFB playoff coverage and it is devastating for me as a Buckeye fan. Seeing all the special unis, etc. I can't imagine how the players feel.

I'm actively trying to give it a couple years before allowing myself to get too upset about this stuff again. Championships are too rare to take for granted. I remember walking out of Sun Devil Stadium in 2003 after the Miami game thinking there were plenty more championships to come. I ran into an elderly woman in the stands taking in the moment with tears rolling down her face. She told me that after 1968 she and everyone else assumed the Bucks would win the following year and more after that. There she was 35 years later -- crying tears of joy and relief because she thought she might die before the Buckeyes reclaimed a championship.

Meanwhile, as much as I like Dantonio and MSU's style of ball, I hope they get destroyed in the playoffs. Roll Tide this one time.

I'm actively trying to give it a couple years before allowing myself to get too upset about this stuff again. Championships are too rare to take for granted. I remember walking out of Sun Devil Stadium in 2003 after the Miami game thinking there were plenty more championships to come. I ran into an elderly woman in the stands taking in the moment with tears rolling down her face. She told me that after 1968 she and everyone else assumed the Bucks would win the following year and more after that. There she was 35 years later -- crying tears of joy and relief because she thought she might die before the Buckeyes reclaimed a championship.

Meanwhile, as much as I like Dantonio and MSU's style of ball, I hope they get destroyed in the playoffs. Roll Tide this one time.

i thought I was the only buckeye fan who wants MSU to lose. Maybe we are the only ones who will admit it. So tired of Connor cook and hope he gets his a** handed to him. Edited by YoloinOhio

Dissing Archie (of all people!) after the B1G game didn't help.

i know that he apologized. But it kind of fits the growing perception that he's a complete d-bag, and that started awhile ago. He also acted ridiculous at Ohio stadium, taunting and heckling the fans after the game - which I felt was kind of inappropriate given he didn't play.

I'm just not sure how MSU's D will deal with Henry getting 40 carries. The fact that EZE only got 12 carries makes it difficult to evaluate how Sparty will do against a top end rusher who keeps getting fed and fed and fed.

On the other side of the ball, Sparty's backs run pretty hard themselves. Should be interesting.

Sparty's D played its best game vs OSU and were helped out greatly by poor playcalling by us and the weather. They are very vulnerable to the pass and don't think they can contain Henry for more than a quarter. This is also a defense unlike one Cook has seen. He will be under a ton of pressure and vs Iowa he showed that he panics and falls down. I know Coach D will have them ready, but I don't think they have the athletes OSU did last year to pull it off. Should be interesting!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Tide for relegating MSU back to regional status in recruiting for a while. As a reward, you don't have to play the Buckeyes again (kidding)!

Meanwhile, looks like TV ratings were way down this year for the playoff games. Nobody wanted to sit a watch a blowout as midnight approached. I'm not sure we'll see the New Years Eve format again for a while.

Thanks Tide for relegating MSU back to regional status in recruiting for a while. As a reward, you don't have to play the Buckeyes again (kidding)!

Meanwhile, looks like TV ratings were way down this year for the playoff games. Nobody wanted to sit a watch a blowout as midnight approached. I'm not sure we'll see the New Years Eve format again for a while.

Agree, the playoff games should always be the last 2 games New Years Day - the problem is I think was that to get the Rose Bowl on board they agreed to keep that 5:00pm time slot for the Rose Bowl game New years day. So the bottomline is when the Rose Bowl is not hosting the playoffs, the playoffs are going to be on New years Eve.

Agree, the playoff games should always be the last 2 games New Years Day - the problem is I think was that to get the Rose Bowl on board they agreed to keep that 5:00pm time slot for the Rose Bowl game New years day. So the bottomline is when the Rose Bowl is not hosting the playoffs, the playoffs are going to be on New years Eve.

interesting

Still think that this year, they could have held playoff on Jan 2 which was a Saturday. But, maybe they needed a certain amount of days between semi final and NC game