Blood is on the NRA's hands

LA Grant

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahaha, knew this was coming. I would say that it seems like we may agree that not everyone should have a gun. Crazy idea!

What kind of rational law would you put in place that would have prevented Farook from legally obtaining a gun?

Good people should have guns. Bad people and criminals shouldn't. Thanks for opening my eyes!

If only the world operated with such a clear black & white as your worldview, it would be easy to identify the good from the bad, then we'd know who to arm. It's too bad adults have to live in a more complicated world. Playing cops & robbers sure was fun on the playground, though.

They also provide training before they give them out, an important distinction! Not any fool can get one like in our country.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/switzerland.asp

Yeah, it's called a universal draft. Gun ownership is required for their "well-regulated militia," and it's considered a civic responsibility, not a civil right. Now, do you really think that, when idiots such as yourself espouse implementing "European gun laws," they're talking about a universal military draft, free firearms training, and free assault rifles?

And I know this is going to blow your pointy little head, but I actually think that gun purchases should be contingent on a mandatory completion of training and safety courses and certification appropriate to the firearm (e.g. a pistol certificate isn't convertible to a rifle certificate, u.s.w.)

If only the world operated with such a clear black & white as your worldview, it would be easy to identify the good from the bad, then we'd know who to arm. It's too bad adults have to live in a more complicated world. Playing cops & robbers sure was fun on the playground, though.

Sounds like someone is admitting that gun control is hard.

Again...what law would have prevented yesterday's terrorist act?

I think that came out in Part 2

What route do criminals take to acquire their guns?

Legally, mostly. (This is the part where you point out the exceptions and say "well THIS guy didn't buy it legally so gun control WILL NEVER WORK!" and then you walk away satisfied with yourself, your wall of blocking out information you don't want to hear as strong as ever.)

You !@#$. You blamed the entire NRA for this shooting in California. YOU STARTED THIS THREAD with a clear - and clearly stupid - black & white worldview. And EVERY time someone in this thread tries to argue nuance with you, you ignore it and belittle them.

THIS is why you're an idiot. Not because I disagree with you. Because you're too !@#$ing ignorant and emotional to have a discussion with anybody.

Here comes the "if we prevent a single criminal isn't it worth it (even if that means eliminating the self-defense capabilities of millions of Americans from both internal and external threats, and destroying the foundation the country is built upon)?" defense.

Legally, mostly. (This is the part where you point out the exceptions and say "well THIS guy didn't buy it legally so gun control WILL NEVER WORK!" and then you walk away satisfied with yourself, your wall of blocking out information you don't want to hear as strong as ever.)

They are not exceptions because people who are dead set on committing crimes are not going to be bothered by the legality of obtaining their weapon of choice.

How come you haven't addressed the pipe bombs or possibly other materials of mass destruction? Would you be more comfortable if there was a vat of sarin in the apartment?

Didn't you make this thread as an example of lax gun control in relation to the attack yesterday?

No this is where I point out you're wrong. Does it hurt pulling this stuff out of your ass?

Here comes the "if we prevent a single criminal isn't it worth it (even if that means eliminating the self-defense capabilities of millions of Americans from both internal and external threats, and destroying the foundation the country is built upon)?" defense.

And here comes the "If we had stopped this guy from buying this one gun, he naturally would have abandon his entire plan which involved multiple people, multiple types of weapons and months of planning".

Sounds like someone is admitting that gun control is hard.

It is! You're right!

Again...what law would have prevented yesterday's terrorist act?

Well, the weapons used were legally purchased, so how about starting with "how can we prevent people from acquiring guns so easily"? These guys did not have criminal backgrounds so that means identifying "bad guys" from "good guys" will indeed be tricky. Once again, I'm not going to go the route of pretending I have every policy answer. All that leads to is people who disagree nitpicking it and then dismissing the larger idea. I'm not running for office. I just want people to consider the larger idea instead of outright dismissing all attempts at gun restrictions.

And here comes the "If we had stopped this guy from buying this one gun, he naturally would have abandon his entire plan which involved multiple people, multiple types of weapons and months of planning".

Fanatics are nothing if not quitters, you know?

It is! You're right!

Well, the weapons used were legally purchased, so how about starting with "how can we prevent people from acquiring guns so easily"? These guys did not have criminal backgrounds so that means identifying "bad guys" from "good guys" will indeed be tricky. Once again, I'm not going to go the route of pretending I have every policy answer. All that leads to is people who disagree nitpicking it and then dismissing the larger idea. I'm not running for office. I just want people to consider the larger idea instead of outright dismissing all attempts at gun restrictions.

The answers and details matter, you idiot. You are Hope and Change. An idea with no substance is nothing.

Hahaha, knew this was coming. I would say that it seems like we may agree that not everyone should have a gun. Crazy idea!

You said nothing of the sort.

Perhaps before posting your thoughts in public, you hire an assistant that could make you look like less of a clown?

You !@#$. You blamed the entire NRA for this shooting in California. YOU STARTED THIS THREAD with a clear - and clearly stupid - black & white worldview. And EVERY time someone in this thread tries to argue nuance with you, you ignore it and belittle them.

THIS is why you're an idiot. Not because I disagree with you. Because you're too !@#$ing ignorant and emotional to have a discussion with anybody.

DC Tom, everything you just said is a perfect description of yourself! Don't you love when anger reveals stuff like that? You aren't arguing nuance at all, you've just been emotional and name-calling the entire time. Just above when we were talking about Switzerland there was some nuance but before it was semantics about "mass" and "normal." So no, no points for you. And although you are actually misrepresenting my original post (as you do, because you are both an idiot and a moron), I don't actually disagree — the NRA and their agenda are to blame for all shootings where guns are legally purchased.