Edelman fractures bone in left foot, requires surgery

cantankerous

Haha, no. I'm a radiologic technologist. I see these fractures often, and take X-rays for surgeons in the OR a lot. Open reduction internal fixation just means they have to cut him open, re-align the bones, and secure them with surgical hardware. :)

Isn't a screw insertion pretty standard for Jones fracture? It's what Dez had and he was back on the field 6 weeks on the number.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't a screw insertion pretty standard for Jones fracture? It's what Dez had and he was back on the field 6 weeks on the number.

It depends how displaced the fracture is. For someone like Edelman, they probably don't want to mess around and hope that it heals correctly on its own. I'm surprised Dez Bryant was back on the field in six weeks. They generally say 6 to 8 weeks non-weightbearing for this type of fracture. Everyone heals at different rates though, and these guys have Multi million dollar training staff and facilities at their disposal...hopefully he misses the rest of the year though! I hate the damn *patriots!

Edelman is a huge loss. With that said, the Patriots formula doesn't change:

1. Make plays when they count

2. Play situational football

3. Have everything go your way when it counts

4. Get a game changing call by the ref when needed

5. Let the other team beat themselves

6. Cut the opposing teams communication/headset during crucial times of the game

7. Lock Ernie Adams in his cell without food and water until he concocts the perfect game plan

8. Oh, and let Tom Brady throw the ball...a lot

I live in new england, be disrespectful all you want because they don't have a speck of respect for the bills ryan or buffalo.

Has NE laid an egg yet this year? Arguably it may have been against the Gman last week but I think they are due. As any true Bills fan knows feeling confident about a game is cause for self reflection. And as I have said many times I am a Homer Kool Aid Drinking Masochist BUT I'm starting to feel like we gonna get this one.

Has NE laid an egg yet this year? Arguably it may have been against the Gman last week but I think they are due. As any true Bills fan knows feeling confident about a game is cause for self reflection. And as I have said many times I am a Homer Kool Aid Drinking Masochist BUT I'm starting to feel like we gonna get this one.

they were without their top 3 OTs and starting RG. Everyone but Solder looks to be back this week so their OL should be much more stout vs Bills, unfortunately.