Rex's approach to NE (media and comments)

Ok Rex....you pretty much kept cool on the Jets game. Great job buddy! Your team was ready and aggressive.

Now please concentrate on your game prep, film study (watch the Giants v Pats game film and our Week 2 film) and get your team pumped up but play smart.

No comments about Brady. No Bellicheat comments. Nothing that can be interpreted as "shots fired". Go into this game with a calm, cool and collected confidence and tell Brady to !@#$ off after we win.

Stay focused Rex and don't play to the media

Ok Rex....you pretty much kept cool on the Jets game. Great job buddy! Your team was ready and aggressive.

Now please concentrate on your game prep, film study (watch the Giants v Pats game film and our Week 2 film) and get your team pumped up but play smart.

No comments about Brady. No Bellicheat comments. Nothing that can be interpreted as "shots fired". Go into this game with a calm, cool and collected confidence and tell Brady to !@#$ off after we win.

Stay focused Rex and don't play to the media

Oh please, would you give this crusade a rest? This crap has zero to do with what happens on the field . Besides, there was nothing said by Rex or any Bills that qualifies as " shots fired" or whatever. Unless , of course one is simply terrified that their team might lose a football game. For the rest of us who maybe don't take the weekly NFL soap opera too seriously , some might actually get a laugh or two out of it. A little entertainment during the hum - drum week between the games. Rex is who he is. Do you think the Bills coaches don't watch film or look for any edge they can get? Try to exploit any mismatch in their favor? Please. These guys are all professionals and I think they know how to prepare. I don't think we fans need to cross our fingers and pray that the Bills staff are doing their jobs and not playing X Box or doing crossword puzzles instead of working . These ridiculous posts sound so desperate to change a guy's personality .. It's kind of pathetic and very tiresome. You don't like Rex's , shall we say , style. It's safe to say he's not going to change. But don't worry, the only thing that will have an effect on the game is the Bills practices, and their execution on the field after kickoff on Monday.

Oh please, would you give this crusade a rest? This crap has zero to do with what happens on the field . Besides, there was nothing said by Rex or any Bills that qualifies as " shots fired" or whatever. Unless , of course one is simply terrified that their team might lose a football game. For the rest of us who maybe don't take the weekly NFL soap opera too seriously , some might actually get a laugh or two out of it. A little entertainment during the hum - drum week between the games. Rex is who he is. Do you think the Bills coaches don't watch film or look for any edge they can get? Try to exploit any mismatch in their favor? Please. These guys are all professionals and I think they know how to prepare. I don't think we fans need to cross our fingers and pray that the Bills staff are doing their jobs and not playing X Box or doing crossword puzzles instead of working . These ridiculous posts sound so desperate to change a guy's personality .. It's kind of pathetic and very tiresome. You don't like Rex's , shall we say , style. It's safe to say he's not going to change. But don't worry, the only thing that will have an effect on the game is the Bills practices, and their execution on the field after kickoff on Monday.

maxresdefault.jpg

Here's an idea: Rather than wasting your time writing an enormous paragraph about how dumb I am, why not just move along and contribute to some other thread if this topic doesn't interest you.

A. Williams said something as well as I recall. That didn't end well.

The game didn't end well because the Pats have Brady and are therefore better than the Bills. Not because Dareus had the nerve to say that he ( and the rest of the team) doesn't like the Patriots. I'll go out on a limb and say that even if the Bills refused to talk to the media that week and all got fined, the result would have been the same. The Bills have lost plenty of games to NE after pretty quiet weeks. Never made a damn but of difference, as their record vs TB and the Pats clearly demonstrates .

Here's an idea: Rather than wasting your time writing an enormous paragraph about how dumb I am, why not just move along and contribute to some other thread if this topic doesn't interest you.

Thanks for the suggestion , but it does interest me. And I never called you dumb or anything else. That aside , the rant about something so meaningless is just so curious, and annoying that it needs commentary. I mean, actual football is one thing. But pleading for a guys personality in media interviews to change as if that might impact the teams chances on the field is utterly ridiculous. It's as if you think the team has no chance to win a game unless they don't say anything interesting to the media because the other guys might get mad and remember they have a game to play next week. Or that the staff needs to be reminded to do their jobs, it's just useless drivel. I'm pretty sure the players and coaches all want to keep their high paying jobs, and are going to work hard. Rex and the team not talking isn't going to turn Tyrod into Brady or make Rex as good as Belichick. Fwiw, do you remember hearing anything about the stuff the Jets players said about the Pats before the game ( because they did and it was " worse" than what the Bills said IMO) AFTER they lost? Probably not because that crap is all forgotten afterward and the media moves on to something else.

Thanks for the suggestion , but it does interest me. And I never called you dumb or anything else. That aside , the rant about something so meaningless is just so curious, and annoying that it needs commentary. I mean, actual football is one thing. But pleading for a guys personality in media interviews to change as if that might impact the teams chances on the field is utterly ridiculous. It's as if you think the team has no chance to win a game unless they don't say anything interesting to the media because the other guys might get mad and remember they have a game to play next week. Or that the staff needs to be reminded to do their jobs, it's just useless drivel. I'm pretty sure the players and coaches all want to keep their high paying jobs, and are going to work hard. Rex and the team not talking isn't going to turn Tyrod into Brady or make Rex as good as Belichick. Fwiw, do you remember hearing anything about the stuff the Jets players said about the Pats before the game ( because they did and it was " worse" than what the Bills said IMO) AFTER they lost? Probably not because that crap is all forgotten afterward and the media moves on to something else.

Are you just looking to pick a fight with me? Is that it? I'll respond when I am at my desk tomorrow and can type better (these phones don't allow for quick comments). You make some good points...none of which address the underlying issue of game preparation (x's and o's AND confidence without distractions). And try to keep your comments concise. I don't want to read 10 sentences of gibberish argument.

Are you just looking to pick a fight with me? Is that it? I'll respond when I am at my desk tomorrow and can type better (these phones don't allow for quick comments). You make some good points...none of which address the underlying issue of game preparation (x's and o's AND confidence without distractions). And try to keep your comments concise. I don't want to read 10 sentences of gibberish argument.

Nope, not picking a fight. Just find the rants about a guys media style and team interviews a bit aggravating. That's about it.

You would agree with me that the Bills will have to play a near perfect game to beat Brady and the Pats in Foxboro, correct?

Yes, I would . Their margin for error is very slim. The Pats had quite a few penalties tonight . I think I saw them get flagged for offensive holding, which rarely happens. But they can usually overcome those penalties. The Bills don't have that luxury. They also need to tackle solidly with the first guy wrapping up the WR. The Giants did that well and got some pressure on Brady. You know BB will have them working on that stuff but maybe there are some weaknesses to exploit upfront. No Edelman would be huge. But yes, the Bilks need to play ball control football and precision defense, limiting YAC that is so huge in NE 's offense . It's asking a lot.

Yes, I would . Their margin for error is very slim. The Pats had quite a few penalties tonight . I think I saw them get flagged for offensive holding, which rarely happens. But they can usually overcome those penalties. The Bills don't have that luxury. They also need to tackle solidly with the first guy wrapping up the WR. The Giants did that well and got some pressure on Brady. You know BB will have them working on that stuff but maybe there are some weaknesses to exploit upfront. No Edelman would be huge. But yes, the Bilks need to play ball control football and precision defense, limiting YAC that is so huge in NE 's offense . It's asking a lot.

I agree with absolutely everything you just said. Perfection. The Bills players and coaches (Rex, G-Ro, Thurm) have an enormous amount of info to digest and study this week. They are physically gifted athletes and experienced coaches. But...is there any other component to successful game prep besides film study, drills, walk throughs, and eating well? I would say there is.

I don't think so. Many players say you win the game through film study during the week, not on Sunday. Success ( or luck) is where opportunity meets preparation. I do think a few guys got out of control on the field vs the Pats ( A Williams, Hughes ) and got baited into penalties by the wily vet Pats. They have to keep that in check. I think they know that. But those things you mentioned are all the parts of preparation that matter. Their game plan was flawed last time they faced the Pats ( at least on D) and I don't think that we'll see anything resembling that scheme. They could have a great game plan and execute it very well and still lose though. The Pats just have better players, and the coach is pretty darn good too. I think Rex was only half joking the other day when he said he'd take the Pats here "right now, in 70 mile an hour wind". That just might be the great equalizer, but it's not happening.