Browns willing to trade LB Barkevious Mingo

Uffalo Ills

Clearly you've never seen the Browns play. There's not a single player on their current roster that I would trade for. Not even a 7th rounder.

Haha

The Browns "willing to trade Mingo" is the equivalent to the Bills are "willing to trade IK Enemkpali." If someone will give you something for a bad football player of course you take it.

Their contracts are way different. It would be more like Mingo and EJ.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuck, workout warrior that can't play

The main issue with Mingo is that he's terrible at football.

A workout warrior who is terrible at football sounds like a fair assessment to me!

As a LSU fan who rarely misses watching a game, this was also true for Bark in college where his athleticism allowed him to beat mostly inferior opponents, not being a actual football player.

Mingo had one of Football Outsiders' highest SACKSEER projection the year he came out:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/sackseer-2013

While their model isn't always right, I find it interesting (it also predicted bad things for Dion Jordan). Jerry Hughes dominated the SACKSEER projection the year he came out, and I was very intrigued when the Colts seemed to give up on him... we know how that turned out.

I'd definitely take a flyer on Mingo. Then again, Paul DePodesta probably reads Football Outsiders, and/or runs similar sabremetric models of his own...

worth a flyer. I'd wait and see if he is cut, easier on the cap that way. But a 7th or even 6th, I would def trade.