Be Patient With Tyrod

I know Bills fans are feeling nautious over that debacle yesterday and the comments certainly reflect that. But I would ask the fans to show some patience with Tyrod.

There were a lot of throws short of the sticks, which is crazy (especially at the goal line). This might have been Tyrod's fault, but I don't think so. I believe that he is coached that way and Roman prefers him to throw short that way. When 20 yard routes are called, the offense opens up and we start to move the ball.

Tyrod is the closest thing we have found to a legitimate starter since Bledsoe was great for 1/2 a season. He has a great arm, great legs and appears unflappable, a huge asset for a QB.

With the understanding that he is operating with a crappy o-line and no o-line coach (Thanks Kromer),

let's give Tyrod a chance to grow into the starter's role. It makes things so much easier personnel wise if your quarterback is in place. This kid is so exciting. His 2 best plays yesterday, great touchdown throw and run were wiped out by penalties or we would be singing his praises. Maybe Roman actually unleashes him for 60 minutes one day.

Tyrod has shown that he can make big plays with his legs and arm. Which is why the ultra-conservative game plan in the first half yesterday was so frustrating. Once Roman loosened the reins on the passing game, TT started to shine. In many ways he played his best game yesterday but his receivers and dumb penalties let him down.

Patience with him? He's the reason for optimism.

Why is it, that when a Bills player plays like crap, it's always someone else's fault?

I admit ... I've been guilty of it, too; especially with Spiller and Manuel.

But sometimes you just need to call a spade a spade. Taylor has looked good against crappy teams and looked crappy against good teams.

It's not the line. It's not the play-calling. It's not the penalties. It's Tyrod Taylor not being able to play well against good teams.

I look forward to him proving me wrong ... but I'm not holding my breath.

Tyrod has shown that he can make big plays with his legs and arm. Which is why the ultra-conservative game plan in the first half yesterday was so frustrating. Once Roman loosened the reins on the passing game, TT started to shine. In many ways he played his best game yesterday but his receivers and dumb penalties let him down.

Patience with him? He's the reason for optimism.

I have a feeling the All-22 reviews from the NYG game will reveal he has quite a bit of work to do.

Why is it, that when a Bills player plays like crap, it's always someone else's fault?

I admit ... I've been guilty of it, too; especially with Spiller and Manuel.

But sometimes you just need to call a spade a spade. Taylor has looked good against crappy teams and looked crappy against good teams.

It's not the line. It's not the play-calling. It's not the penalties. It's Tyrod Taylor not being able to play well against good teams.

I look forward to him proving me wrong ... but I'm not holding my breath.

4 games.

EJ sucks.