Time to comment on the Bills 2015

Reading yesterday's disappointing loss and look back at the first four games and some notes.....

1. Where is the pass rush? Sorry at home vs. an average team & 1 sack for -1 yards is not impressive (nor acceptable). Very little pressure too
  2. DB's did a good job. OBJ was contained.
  3. No excuse for so many penalties. The illegal formation on the Giants FG is as stupid a penalty as a team can make and cost 4 points.
  4. Two ticky-tack penalties (the hold was 50/50 at worse and the chop-block was 100% wrong cost big). Bills had all 3 TO's and a minute left. If the Urbik hold ot called it is a TD and an extra 3.09 of playing time
  5. Missed tackle resulting in the 51 yard TD was the play of the game. Make the tackle and the game is different.
  6. Missed Watkins big. Like OBJ, he creates a match-up nightmare, which would have opened up Harvin, Woods or Hogan, which is exactly what was missing.
  7. What is it with the schedule? NE & NYG 10 days to prepare. And this week Tennessee 14 days.
  8. Can't blame the Refs for everything, but they are not Bills fans and seemed happy to throw flags.

Everything you need to know about the 2015 Buffalo Bills was revealed in the Rex Ryan post game news conference yesterday.

Buffalo Bills Head Coach Rex Ryan is completely clueless and embarrassing to listen to. And when your Head Coach is completely clueless your NFL team goes nowhere.

Period!

"They (Buffalo Bills players) were saying it was over out there," Pugh said according to Matthew Fairburn of Syracuse.com. "On that last drive, their (Buffalo Bills) defense was kind of like, when they were getting penalties, they were like, this game is over anyway.' That is kind of how it was. It was kind of crazy out there that last drive. Mayhem. Refs yelling at players, players yelling at refs. I was just sitting back and trying not to get fined $15,000 for something."

Reading yesterday's disappointing loss and look back at the first four games and some notes.....

1. Where is the pass rush? Sorry at home vs. an average team & 1 sack for -1 yards is not impressive (nor acceptable). Very little pressure too
  2. DB's did a good job. OBJ was contained.
  3. No excuse for so many penalties. The illegal formation on the Giants FG is as stupid a penalty as a team can make and cost 4 points.
  4. Two ticky-tack penalties (the hold was 50/50 at worse and the chop-block was 100% wrong cost big). Bills had all 3 TO's and a minute left. If the Urbik hold ot called it is a TD and an extra 3.09 of playing time
  5. Missed tackle resulting in the 51 yard TD was the play of the game. Make the tackle and the game is different.
  6. Missed Watkins big. Like OBJ, he creates a match-up nightmare, which would have opened up Harvin, Woods or Hogan, which is exactly what was missing.
  7. What is it with the schedule? NE & NYG 10 days to prepare. And this week Tennessee 14 days.
  8. Can't blame the Refs for everything, but they are not Bills fans and seemed happy to throw flags.

@ChrisTrapasso

Tom Brady avg'd 1.98 secs to each pass attempt vs #Bills in Week 2. Eli Manning avg'd 1.79 secs to each pass attempt yesterday. Crazy fast.

"They (Buffalo Bills players) were saying it was over out there," Pugh said according to Matthew Fairburn of Syracuse.com. "On that last drive, their (Buffalo Bills) defense was kind of like, when they were getting penalties, they were like, this game is over anyway.' That is kind of how it was. It was kind of crazy out there that last drive. Mayhem. Refs yelling at players, players yelling at refs. I was just sitting back and trying not to get fined $15,000 for something."

I would have been yelling at the refs also...Some really bad calls that took TDs from us.

Four games into the season there is some good and some bad. Remember we are 2-2 when the expectation before the season was that we might be 1-5 by the end of game 6. We were in positions to win both of the games we lost despite what most of us would consider sub-par play through the major part of the games against the Patriots and the Giants. Now historically I have bee pretty much the first to call for coaches to be fired and most said I was being hasty. The first was Chan Gailey from the first day he was hired, Jauron from the first year, and with the last guy I was considered hasty in calling for him to take us to he playoffs or else after his second year.

With Ryan we have a guy who has beaten the Patriots, has won the divisional title and gone deep into the playoffs as a head coach. He has put it out there that he expects the playoffs (division or wild card this year). He and the management have put together a pretty talented team. I am disappointed with the two losses, and acknowledge that we need a LOT of wok on the penalties and the defense seems to be a work in progress (but with a ton of talent to work with). Te big deficiency has been the same for a decade....the offensive line. While we were striking out for "jitterbugs" (Spiller according to Chan) and trading away problems (Lynch and Jennings) we should have shorn up our offensive trenches. That is one of few "work-arounds" we have on this team.

Disappointed in the loss to the Giants? Yup...but 'm not in any way giving up on this team yet. The problems (other than the offensive line) seem to be things we can work around, and Incognito and Miller over the course of the season will improve O-line play to at least average.

I'm still thinking playoffs.

Four games into the season there is some good and some bad. Remember we are 2-2 when the expectation before the season was that we might be 1-5 by the end of game 6. We were in positions to win both of the games we lost despite what most of us would consider sub-par play through the major part of the games against the Patriots and the Giants. Now historically I have bee pretty much the first to call for coaches to be fired and most said I was being hasty. The first was Chan Gailey from the first day he was hired, Jauron from the first year, and with the last guy I was considered hasty in calling for him to take us to he playoffs or else after his second year.

With Ryan we have a guy who has beaten the Patriots, has won the divisional title and gone deep into the playoffs as a head coach. He has put it out there that he expects the playoffs (division or wild card this year). He and the management have put together a pretty talented team. I am disappointed with the two losses, and acknowledge that we need a LOT of wok on the penalties and the defense seems to be a work in progress (but with a ton of talent to work with). Te big deficiency has been the same for a decade....the offensive line. While we were striking out for "jitterbugs" (Spiller according to Chan) and trading away problems (Lynch and Jennings) we should have shorn up our offensive trenches. That is one of few "work-arounds" we have on this team.

Disappointed in the loss to the Giants? Yup...but 'm not in any way giving up on this team yet. The problems (other than the offensive line) seem to be things we can work around, and Incognito and Miller over the course of the season will improve O-line play to at least average.

I'm still thinking playoffs.

With Ryan we have a guy who has beaten the Patriots

The Bills have a better record against the Pats in the last 4 years than Ryan does.

has won the divisional title and gone deep into the playoffs as a head coach.

Yep, six years ago.

He has put it out there that he expects the playoffs (division or wild card this year).

Has he ever not put that out there?

The last four years the Jets were a disaster, only in part because of Ryan. He has been as close to the mountaintop as head coach than any of our coaches in the last decade. He has been to the playoffs MANY more times in his tenure at the Jets as the Bills have under a group of sorry coaches who were AT LEAST given a full season (in most cases too many seasons) to prove themselves. I'm for giving Ryan he ful season to see if we can make the playoffs.

Pugh said we gave up . Rex said we didn't. I believe Pugh. Rex has lost control of this team. Sorry! Really sorry. Promises- Promises. Ref's love us. McCoy out maybe a month now. Sure glad we got him. Best play of the game was Williams tipping that guy upside down. What ever happened to all the great blitzing we were going to see? Sad!

The penalties are going to doom this season. It's as simple as that.

When the Bills play a clean game, they win. When they don't, they lose.

Right, wait, WRONG. The Bills can't prevent themselves from committing penalties they, in fact, did not commit (holding call on Urbick, chop-block call on Richie). That's 14 points taken from the Bills because of their purported "lack of discipline" when the Bills, in fact, DID NOT COMMIT A PENALTY ON THOSE PLAYS!

Pugh said we gave up . Rex said we didn't. I believe Pugh. Rex has lost control of this team. Sorry! Really sorry. Promises- Promises. Ref's love us. McCoy out maybe a month now. Sure glad we got him. Best play of the game was Williams tipping that guy upside down. What ever happened to all the great blitzing we were going to see? Sad!

Pugh is an idiot. Did you watch the game? Dosen't look like they gave up. McCoy is out for a month, Kiko is out (again) for the season. While your busy bashing the personnel decision of the Bills, aren't you happy we drafted K. Williams? Or would you still prefer to see Fred Jackson around, because, you know, the media thinks he's a nice guy.

I would have been yelling at the refs also...Some really bad calls that took TDs from us.

Bingo. The Ref's totally lost control of the game by taking two TD's from the Bills, missing calls on the Giants, and generally demonstrating a level of incompetence not generally seen unless the Pats**** are playing.